2019 Chicago Drum Show Roll Call!

mcjaco

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, but it seems silly to drive from Pittsburgh to Chicago for the show and not stay for two days. I'll catch some clinics and usually a master class or two. I have several friends in the area that I try to catch up with and this year I'm going to swing down to "The Launching Pad" restaurant on Rt. 66 in nearby Wilmington Delaware. It is a landmark now owned by a drummer named Tully Garrett and his girlfriend Holly Barker. They just reopened it after a fourteen month renovation. As for the show itself, something cool always goes home with me. My shopping budget this year is around $1000-$1200. I'm sure that something fun will follow me home.
Yeah, that makes sense. I started thinking of all the model railroad shows I've gone too, and stayed overnight to stay the whole weekend, so I guess it's whatever floats your boat, and where you're at. Drumming, to me, is more a hobby than anything, so wandering for a hour or two is all I really need. I did enjoy meeting Kenny Aronoff last year, and seeing Saraphine.

Buffalo_drummer

Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, but it seems silly to drive from Pittsburgh to Chicago for the show and not stay for two days. I'll catch some clinics and usually a master class or two. I have several friends in the area that I try to catch up with and this year I'm going to swing down to "The Launching Pad" restaurant on Rt. 66 in nearby Wilmington Delaware. It is a landmark now owned by a drummer named Tully Garrett and his girlfriend Holly Barker. They just reopened it after a fourteen month renovation. As for the show itself, something cool always goes home with me. My shopping budget this year is around $1000-$1200. I'm sure that something fun will follow me home.
I've never been to the show so I figured why not spend 2 days? If I get through the show in a day, you're still in Chicago with plenty of things to do and see. I'd like to get over to the Chicago Music Exchange and check their drum section out. Looks so impressive.

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We’re taking about 4 days...all day Saturday at the show, but we’re hopping Amtrak to Milwaukee as well to take in the Harley museum and ck our some micro breweries among other things. There is also a “Chicago drum history tour” you can take. Old Slingerland and Ludwig plants...gone but not forgotten. Google it if interested.

KCDrumDad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My son and I will be there again. This will be our sixth or seventh time. We arrive at noon on Friday to maximize our VIP passes and will stay through the end. I will be hunting for a few things, but I mainly there for the people (clinicians, vendors and attendees).

billyward

Reaction score
Please say hi to me if you see me - I'd love to have faces matching some names. I'll be the overweight bald guy. Narrows that down, yes? :)

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My friend Arthur will be there in the Centent Cymbals booth. Check them out if you are there.

Latest posts