2019 Chicago Drum Show Roll Call!

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Will there be a time for everyone to meet at the DFO booth for a picture like in the past? I am thinking on going Saturday mainly to meet people for the most part.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, we are upstairs again. Don't forget to sign in and pick up a name tag.
We're thinking 1st group photo will be at 12:45, meeting at the booth.
Here's a pic from last night.....
Thanks for the Post Troy, looking forward to many more pics.

Ben

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are upstairs again. Don't forget to sign in and pick up a name tag.
We're thinking 1st group photo will be at 12:45, meeting at the booth.
Here's a pic from last night.....
A bummer... My Q&A/Master Class is 12:30-1:30 and I was hoping to get in the group photo... Anyway, hope to meet some of you and hope you'll stop in for the Q&A.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
A bummer... My Q&A/Master Class is 12:30-1:30 and I was hoping to get in the group photo... Anyway, hope to meet some of you and hope you'll stop in for the Q&A.
I suspect the group photo time will be moved to after 1:30 ;)
Wish I could be there for that...one of these years I'm going to have to make the Chi show.... everyone take lots of photos!

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If anyone spots a 24-inch Ludwig in champagne sparkle, 3 ply with a rail, please let me know! Pass along any vendor info. Thanks!

Drum Kat

Honorary DFO Ambassador
Staff member
Reaction score
Hidey ho DFOers! We are downstairs under the mezzanine as Troy reported. Already shaping up to be a great show. Will post pics and stories as time and phone service allows! Not the best phone reception in the building. Stay tuned!

Bandit

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not sure how you guys do two days at the show. I was there last year for about three hours, and that was probably one hour too long.

Then again, I wasn't hunting for deals, and I just wanted to visit Mapex....who wasn't there. :(

I'll probably pop in again this year, but I have to wait to see what my kid's baseball schedule looks like that weekend.
Just a heads up. Mike's drum shop has a booth set up, and has a Mapex Versatus kit on display. You can go check out those new funky looking tom arms. :)

Drum Kat

Honorary DFO Ambassador
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi folks! I am going to post pics as time and if wifi available. This show has been a doozy from the word go. Large attendance has made this a very successful show and we still have today! Here is one of our group pics to tide you over. I am having trouble uploading at this time. Stay tuned! ☮

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, keep them coming, sounds like the show is buzzing.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a great time at the show yesterday and it was great to run into a few DFO friends and chat in person. I'm in the back next to Bun in Kat's picture.

I'm only about 90 miles west of where the show is held so it's a no brainer to go to it every year and I have only missed one show ever since I started going (probably first went to the 3rd or 4th one back in the 1990s). No major purchases for me, not that I needed anything. I bought some Slingerland spur parts for a bass drum I'm in the process of reviving, replenished my supply of INDe mounts (eventually every drum I own that can have one of those on it will), picked up lots of free brochures and mags (MD and Drum always give away free issues) to peruse. I finally got one of Gary's Starr Fest drum keys, which is as close as I'll get to owning one of those drums. Grabbed a drum seeker snare bag at a good show-price. I was on a limited budget (as usual) so I didn't even look at bigger ticket items. Next year I will have one less car payment to make so maybe I'll finally get to attend with some real money in my pocket.

The coolest thing I brought home was a snare drum shell I bought from Stone Custom Drums. It's a prototype shell. Undrilled but with edges, 3 ply, no rings. Wrapped in oyster black pearl. 5.5 depth. For fifty bucks I couldn't not buy it. I almost enjoy setting up projects like this to do more so than buying complete drums. I guess I'll be making my own Starr Fest snare, albeit not nearly as exact a copy as Gary's are.

20190519_102243.jpg

Already looking forward to next year....

Last edited: