2021 new products

VinSparkle

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any intel on what the major manufacturers will be offering in 2021?

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Been trying to convince Istanbul Agop to release a 40th Anniversary set (at least a ride)... Something a bit heavier, 2350-2650g. But... looks like some kind of "Traditional Jazz" line (at least 14", 20", 22") will come out in 2021. Looking at the logos, bells, hammering and lathing, it will be something like the previous Traditional Jazz Ride that later became the Dark Ride. Latest introductions (Clapstack and Xist Dry Dark, as well as size and weight expansions in their Agop Signature line, and the Sterling signatures) was perhaps more adventurous but nonetheless, always interesting to see the directions taken!

Also, I wish Agop would offer more variety in weights (I know custom order is an option, been doing quite a bit of those but due to the pandemic/restrictions/workload - I guess - Agop put a halt on these at the moment), and perhaps some more experimental Signature rides. Or, how about a "Fusion Turk" (Turk version av the Fusion/TW ride, or the Epoch ride) with rivets, some weird china varieties, 13" hi hats in the 30th series, or just hi hat oddities in general - and, more/different bell choices!

Last edited:

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Seems Zildjian has a clap stack coming out, and maybe some other protos people have been using. They've been awfully quiet.

I'd love to see 21 and 22" K Sweet or Cluster Crashes personally.

10 Lug

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Frances played some proto type thin K-con hats at a show in Europe, 14 and 15. I have tried to find out if they will be available to the public to no avail. To date I have been told, NO.

Would be very interested in any information or a way to contact Paul Francis.

Happy New Year to all.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Paul Frances played some proto type thin K-con hats at a show in Europe, 14 and 15. I have tried to find out if they will be available to the public to no avail. To date I have been told, NO.

Would be very interested in any information or a way to contact Paul Francis.

Happy New Year to all.
K Constantinople collection has been missing 15" hats (particularly thin) for years.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised none of the companies have come out with logo masks in the past year.

michiganice91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nothing confirmed, but I'm pretty sure that Paiste will present some new or reissued 2002s, as the series celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2021.
I noticed they already released a small black label reissue set over in Europe containing a 23" Ride cymbal. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see that released as a production offering.