2022 Chicago Drum Show Walk Through

malonedrum

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to make my annual trek down to the Chicago Drum Show this past weekend, and it was amazing as always. Lot's of amazing vintage drums, and plenty of boutique builders, drum shops, and collectors sharing drums, cymbals, and everything in between. Here's a walk through of the entire show.

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to make my annual trek down to the Chicago Drum Show this past weekend, and it was amazing as always. Lot's of amazing vintage drums, and plenty of boutique builders, drum shops, and collectors sharing drums, cymbals, and everything in between. Here's a walk through of the entire show.

Thanks for sharing! Great job on the filming and was that you on the soundtrack?

malonedrum

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Great job on the filming and was that you on the soundtrack?
Yes, that's me on my Gretsch New Classic bop kit. I was playing along to some organ loops of Larry Goldings, but when I uploaded it with the organ as well it got demonetized (even though I payed for the loops from LoopLoft.com). I'd like something more interesting than just solo drums playing times, but given the video content, it's fitting.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
outstanding largest assemblage of man (and woman) caves under one roof ever in the history of mang
and most valuable to us drummers I might ad..

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Sonor offering was pretty slim. One blue Teardrop around 6:30 and a booth of the current modern stuff after 8:30. I saw more Camco then Sonor.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
that BDP mid 70s Premier set at 4:05
would be me. been me all original. the better holders. full front head not cut.
even looks like the 2000 snare is there. yea. that'd be bringing Keith Moon back to Jeannette.

That Rogers 5pc set at 4:56 looks like 20" BD is possible awesome too. faded gold or champagne. wow. 2-12s. O my.
place in cart too.

60s Sonor set blue silk/ripple/ at 6:50. Yes please..

Hard to tell at 7:59 if a big old A or big old K- were old Ks - rep'ed there sure there were some

Gretsch Starlight RB at 8:40 oh my.
Outstanding. Greatest Show in the World (Thanks Malone)
Better than a Designer runway Show in Turin Italy.

Red sparkle Club date at 9:11

New Rogers set at 11:17 doesn't look bad at all.like that mount or is that an old set upgraded

is that) Ronn Dunnets beard at 11:28 nice showing

Greatest show on earth thanks again Malone you knocked it out of the park.
for those that couldn't make it.

Mitch Mitchell replica sets 12:48

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Hard to tell at 7:59 if a big old A or big old K- were old Ks - rep'ed there sure there were some
That was my booth Joe! It starts at about 7:52 mark I think. I'm the big, shaved head, grey beard guy. I had 4 or either 5 26" old As and also a 21 5/8" vintage K. They all sold. In fact almost everything sold out. It was quite an experience.........Thanks for the video Malone!

Mike

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video , It's good thing I didn't drive up as there would have been a lot less dollars in my briches on the way home ...
Danggit !!!

Jazzhead

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. Man, I have been looking at vintage drums too much, getting tired of their look honestly!!!

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my booth Joe! It starts at about 7:52 mark I think. I'm the big, shaved head, grey beard guy. I had 4 or either 5 26" old As and also a 21 5/8" vintage K. They all sold. In fact almost everything sold out. It was quite an experience.........Thanks for the video Malone!

Mike
Mike, I am happy for you. Things really came together for you to sell so much. Congrats!
Chris

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's me on my Gretsch New Classic bop kit. I was playing along to some organ loops of Larry Goldings, but when I uploaded it with the organ as well it got demonetized (even though I payed for the loops from LoopLoft.com). I'd like something more interesting than just solo drums playing times, but given the video content, it's fitting.
I thought it was simple, and fit in perfectly for the video....

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
the octagonal Cymbals bookmarked at :45 here

what were they
I forget

?..

yeah I think so.

Hey MapexAlways. Could you do me a favor ; )..

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paiste had a line of octagon cymbals and didn't Sabian have "Rocktagons"

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paiste had a line of octagon cymbals and didn't Sabian have "Rocktagons"
in the Show Vid bookmarked above Lamartee Looks like A & F sets so I'm going to think they are their Symbals shown here

MappexAlways. you busy? (lol l )

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the Show Vid bookmarked above Lamartee Looks like A & F sets so I'm going to think they are their Symbals shown here

MappexAlways. you busy? (lol l )
Yep definitely has that nice aged A&F patina;)
1653345746518.png