21" Bettis Medium Light

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been playing this for a few months now and I've finally decided to move on.
It's a beautiful cymbal and I was on the fence for a long time about it. It is very close to my perfect ride cymbal. That's the cold, hard truth, (and why I'll probably regret passing it on...). But the fact of the matter is that I need a little more of something else. Trash maybe? Dirt? Darkness? Not really sure.
This is one of those cymbals that really comes to life in a group. Its almost like you're playing a completely different cymbal when you add other instruments. It just slides in where it's needed and you don't even think about it. So natural.

I traded a beautiful, medium-weight 22" Trans Stamp for this and did not regret it. It has a beautiful, somewhat integrated bell, reminiscent of an old K, but it can pierce if you really shoulder it. I would say ideal.
It crashes nicely and I would be surprised to find a situation where this cymbal doesn't work. I weighed it on my digital kitchen scale at 2280 grams but Matt Bettis' original ad states 2257. Not sure which is correct, also not sure that it matters, haha!

Here's the link to the original ad:

I really love my 19" Sweet Crash and want something that will play nice with it. I play in a low to medium volume amplified band but I'm not looking for ping. I like dark and crashable. I'm thinking that I want something Zildjian. I have a passion for 21" rides so that would be ideal.
Perfect candidates include 21" K Crash Ride, 21" K Sweet, K Cons, K Lights and Dark Medium. The K Custom Dark also looks nice.
I also want to try a big cluster crash or the new Special Dry stuff.
I'm open to a really sweet old A's. I've liked everything I've heard and played that is pre-60's.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to buy it outright. I'd be willing to sell this one, but it's a gem and have a decent amount into it. Make an offer, it can't hurt!

Attachments

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I went thru 6-7 of them to find one that was not overly dry.....I can get pics & sound file if you are interested in a trade.
Oh!
I'm sorry. I completely misunderstood!
Yeah, I would love that. I'm interested.

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got a 20" Bettis I'm looking to move. It's not what you're asking for but you might like it.