21 Bosphorus Syncopation Ride - 2 Rivets.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got a really nice Bos Syncopation Ride. It's super lush and dark with a nice delicate stick and useful, multi voiced bell. Stick shanks are awesome. Wonderful pie with a lot of character.
Trouble is, my current band plays pretty loud and the stick just gets lost in the mix, I wish I could get the same stick sounds at louder volumes! But that's not what she was made for, so I'm looking to swap it out for something a bit heavier.
I'd prefer 21" as that seems to be a sweet spot for me. But I'm open to other sizes. Interested in rides and crash/rides.
And probably Turkish. I love Bos, Mehmet and Agop but I'm open to Zildjian offerings and smaller brands as well.
I like complexity and darkness but not too dry or heavy.
Let me know if you've got anything I might like!

I can get pics and I'll weigh it soon.

drumreverie

Reaction score
Hello -- I don't know anything about the Syncopation series but I'm curious. I have a nice pie that might fit your needs. It's a Bosphorus 20" Ferit Series Antiq Original Ride, 2050 grams. I bought it used about 2005 and it has hardly been played outside of a few light jazz gigs. Sound is complex with some nice trash and cut. It had too much cut for my acoustic jazz gigs. Plays to me like a medium ride but has a solid, complex crash. I think it could work in a more amplified setting. The bell is interesting -- a bit flat on the top with a dry, not ringy tone that you can really lean into.

Tracktuary

Reaction score
Last edited:

drumreverie

Reaction score
Thanks Tracktuary, my Bosphorus 20" Antiq sounds a lot like your 22 but slightly higher pitch and a bit less wash.

D. B. -- I would trade it for your 21 Syncoptation if you're interested.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tracktuary, my Bosphorus 20" Antiq sounds a lot like your 22 but slightly higher pitch and a bit less wash.

D. B. -- I would trade it for your 21 Syncoptation if you're interested.
How much does your antique, weigh?

drumreverie

Reaction score
Are you interested in the Bosphorus 20" Ferit Series Antiq Original Ride @ 2050 grams I mentioned previously?

Latest posts