21" K Sweet Ride

felis

Reaction score
I read the question-and all the replies (appreciated).

Question is-if the 21" Sweet K is a "good" general purpose ride, I'm curious which ride cymbal is a *better* general purpose ride in your opinion, assuming one exists?

Not busting-sincerely asking.

I think of it like, you're a hired gun, or substituting for another drummer, or going for an audition and you're not 100% sure of what's expected.
You don't want to bring something extreme - way too light and all washy, or way too heavy and all 'ping and ring'.
You want something that will blend in and do it's 50% part in being capable of whatever's being played (the other 50% is your technique).
That's a good general purpose all around ride. There are very many of them. I don't think of them as being 'better' or 'worse', just different.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think of it like, you're a hired gun, or substituting for another drummer, or going for an audition and you're not 100% sure of what's expected.
You don't want to bring something extreme - way too light and all washy, or way too heavy and all 'ping and ring'.
You want something that will blend in and do it's 50% part in being capable of whatever's being played (the other 50% is your technique).
That's a good general purpose all around ride. There are very many of them. I don't think of them as being 'better' or 'worse', just different.
Thank you that makes perfect sense....

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

But has anyone ever heard or owned a ride that crashes AND rides better than the sweet? What would be some examples of a better all-purpose ride?

Latest posts