21" K Sweet Ride

felis

Reaction score
I read the question-and all the replies (appreciated).

Question is-if the 21" Sweet K is a "good" general purpose ride, I'm curious which ride cymbal is a *better* general purpose ride in your opinion, assuming one exists?

Not busting-sincerely asking.

I think of it like, you're a hired gun, or substituting for another drummer, or going for an audition and you're not 100% sure of what's expected.
You don't want to bring something extreme - way too light and all washy, or way too heavy and all 'ping and ring'.
You want something that will blend in and do it's 50% part in being capable of whatever's being played (the other 50% is your technique).
That's a good general purpose all around ride. There are very many of them. I don't think of them as being 'better' or 'worse', just different.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think of it like, you're a hired gun, or substituting for another drummer, or going for an audition and you're not 100% sure of what's expected.
You don't want to bring something extreme - way too light and all washy, or way too heavy and all 'ping and ring'.
You want something that will blend in and do it's 50% part in being capable of whatever's being played (the other 50% is your technique).
That's a good general purpose all around ride. There are very many of them. I don't think of them as being 'better' or 'worse', just different.
Thank you that makes perfect sense....

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

But has anyone ever heard or owned a ride that crashes AND rides better than the sweet? What would be some examples of a better all-purpose ride?

Latest posts