22" A Zildjian ride block logo stamp

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering what this cymbal might be worth? I was over my sister's house and my brother-in-law had some stuff laying around on his back porch. Out of the corner of my eye, I see an old cymbal leaning up in the corner. It was this cymbal, and he decided to give it to me as a late birthday present. It weighs 2803 grams. Just wondering.

red_brains

Reaction score
Re: 22" Zildjian A ride

1950's Large "Hollow Zildjian" Stamp. I've seen some of these lately on the bay go for 200-300 dollars. The thinner ones with no cracks fetch the most. Yours at 2803g might get at least as much as this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...:MEWA:IT&ih=016.
These used to generate more interest but lately haven't been going very high. Also, its a buyer's market right now, almost everything is a bargain. You might do better if you hang on to it for a while.
Good luck,

Mike

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score

red_brains said:
You might do better if you hang on to it for a while.
Actually, I'm not even thinking of selling it. I really just wanted to know what it was and what it was worth. In fact, my bro-in-law said I could have it as long as I didn't sell it. Besides, it fits in perfect for my bad case of vintageitis. :D Oh, BTW, thanks for the info Mike.

red_brains

Reaction score

I bet it's a super-versatile piece, and good for you for hanging on. I've got a whole list of "wish i'd never sold it" gear. nothing I can do about it now, but keep buying more, right?! :occasion5: