2300 Fibes 10/12/14/16/22 Natural Maple

jbonzo1

DFO Master
Reaction score
8x01/9x12/12x14 ft/14x16 ft/18x22
Natural Maple lacquer
I swapped the RIMS mounts for Atlas brackets, I have the lugs if you want to go with another tom holder
There is a circular crack, very fine, in the lacquer on the 14. It was there when I bought these and it has not changed since
I will not ship. I live in NE PA and will drive two hours or so to deliver.
$2400
set 1.jpg
atlas on fibes copy.jpg
crack.jpg
fibes bd.jpg
fibes natural1.jpg
fibes up.jpg
ft crack.jpg
set1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TomR

Reaction score
Beautiful drums! Wish I lived within two hours of you. I'd probably own another kit. :)

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would've bought them back had I not ordered my Summit kit. GLWS.

rwm5

Reaction score
Sized a little differently I’d be all over this. Fibes guy at heart. Someone is going to wind up with a beautiful set of drums.

FrankBurns

Reaction score
I want to do a small ad for these lol.....

I'm no Fibes expert but these are from the post original-Fibes..Corder..Darwin eras right?

I built a very similar kit in 1990 from Corder (they bought Fibes but sold later that year to Darwin) parts when they sold every part they had for their drums to builders...8x8,9x10,10x12,13x14,15x16,16x22 and a 12x13 extra.. The only difference was somewhere after Fibes they lost the flange at the contact point on the lugs but appears they brought it back for these later Fibes, but otherwise the same Jasper shells etc. I even went with the Slide Track mount that they invented that is among numerous unoriginal ideas that DW bought and sells. The shells stayed undrilled minus the 4 holes for the Slide-Track including the floor toms, which fly in on various racks. I finished them with a reddish-orange stain and Poly. I used the original chrome RIMS on all of them. Over the last 30 years I can say I have owned/played many, many kits and NONE really got even close to how great these sound. 70's Gretsch got within a reasonable range not surprisingly. I fought at least 3 DW's.... both Kellers and DW shells and unless tuning low I could not do a thing with them for higher tuning on the racks. The kick was great though gotta say. I tune medium-highish racks and deep floors and want long sustain and sensitivity. Years later in about 2000 I went with Optimounts on the floors to get them physically closer together and sonically they stayed the same. I also went with Tama Starcasts on the 10 and 12 but had to loosen the middle rubber grommet screw otherwise they choke. Some years back I tried the Atlas brackets on the racks and flat out they were just awful. My beautiful singing drums choked horribly. I then bought some alloy Gauger RIMS and those are (were), now discontinued, incredible. Do I get a commission when they sell lol?

Last edited: