24^3

curly

Reaction score
I always enjoy Tom's cymbal video posts so I thought I'd share one. I really enjoy large ride cymbals and at this point, a 24 just feels right. I'm lucky to own these three.

24" Skiba Turk Top ~3000g
23.5 Jesse Simpson ~2800g
24 60s A ~3200g

The 60s A has a lot of history behind it - owned by Zak Najor, then George Sluppick before me. It has that Old A thing where it really comes alive in the music. I've played this cymbal probably more than any other.

The 24 Skiba Turk Top is probably my favorite cymbal of Mike's that I've owned. I don't think the video captures it's depth and complexity very well, but it has quite a bit going on.

The 24 Jesse Simpson I bought unheard off reverb. I own another one of Jesse's cymbals and bought it based on the size, weight, look. It's wonderful.

Short version:

Long version:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Something about 24’s that are addictive...more of everything. For me, it’s like 8” deep snares. More tone on hand.

My favorite 24” I own is a 50’s old A. Just perfect. Records like a dream.

curly

Reaction score
Something about 24’s that are addictive...more of everything. For me, it’s like 8” deep snares. More tone on hand.

My favorite 24” I own is a 50’s old A. Just perfect. Records like a dream.
I hear you on the 14X8 snares too! For both, with good ones you don’t loose responsiveness or definition either.