24" cymbal bags - what's good?

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
This has been somewhat spoken about before, but I am getting ready to buy. Some have said that some of the bags are too tight, with the zippers scraping the cymbal. What are your experiences?

Edit: There have been some helpful responses. I guess I should clarify matters:
1) I want a bag with dividers.
2) Please let me know that your choice does not crowd the 24" cymbal so that the zipper scrapes it, because this problem seems to be quite common, and
3) It can't be too heavy. I am trying to stay away from wheels, big structures, etc. I will not be packing this bag full of 6-10 cymbals at a time.

Last edited:

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just got this. Seems to work good. I only have one 24” inch cymbal though so I don’t know what it would be like to have multiple 24’s in there. And I haven’t used it out much but people seem to like it because it got great reviews and it does seem like good quality.
Protec Deluxe 24” 6-Pack Cymbal Bag with Padded Dividers and Puncture Resistant Bottom https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000T02VZI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PG3X3Z0276CWPVWA0S0X

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've been happy with my PR 24".
Okay, cool, and I have many of their drum bags and a hardware rolling bag (very satisfied with this - years of use). Their quality of construction is excellent. My 14 x 14 tom bag, though, is too tight. Also, some here have said that their 24" bag's zipper scrapes on the top of a 24" cymbal.

Your experience?

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Also, some here have said that their 24" bag's zipper scrapes on the top of a 24" cymbal.
Your experience?
I have two PR cymbal bags. A 22" and a 24". The 22 has thin black canvas dividers the 24 has thick imitation lambs wool dividers. The thick dividers are cumbersome IMO and can restrict a 24" cymbal from reaching the bottom of the bag resulting in the zipper closing on the cymbals top edge as you described. If you get the PR 24 bag I'd get one with the thin dividers.
The 22 bag actually accommodates my 24's. I only have one in there a at time for a tight fit but it works fine so I don't use the 24 much.

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a Beato bag for my cymbals, thin cloth dividers. It works great, and has a stick quiver on the back! Very useful for transporting a couple pairs of sticks and a set of floor tom legs.

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a Tackle (let's face it. I bought it for looks) and a PR. I like my PR, but next time I'd get one with backpack straps. When you get a 24" bag get one with backpack straps! You'll be glad you did.

notINtheband

Reaction score
7F998C1B-83CC-4F7E-9D38-EB08906DF4DE.png

I have this monster for my 5-piece gigging kit. I pretty much max it out and it fits my 24” bash ride on the rare occasion I take it in place of my 20” K or Paiste.
I will say it’s great for protection with the fake sheep’s skin and various compartments. The downside is when fully loaded it’s freakin heavy. So heavy the backpack portion I have never used. I honestly forget where I bought it but I surely believe I didn’t pay $200 for it.
I have several lesser bags and a nice Zildjian I use with the club jam kit, but those won’t accept a 24”.
If I ever lost this one I would probably source another one just because it’s been so bulletproof for the past 5 or 6 years I’ve lugged it around.

moosryan

Reaction score
I've got the Ahead backpack too--I've given up on 24s because I'm a skinny dude and I'm tired of hauling 'em around, but when I was playing a 24" 2002 it fit with no issues. It's a great bag.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I have several 24's. I bought a new Ludwig bag a few years ago that I love. It's the blue olive colors. Highly recommend.

Mike

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Ahead with the wheels and pull out handle is the best 24” bag I’ve owned. I’ve owned a lot btw.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had trouble with the zipper on my PR bag scraping my 24, so I got a Beato, which is great and highly recommended. BUT it's darn heavy with a 24. So I ended up with the Ahead Armor Deluxe with wheels and it's been a lifesaver. The 24 is snug, but not enough to scrape. I love it.
Do you have fluffy dividers in it or not? I just tried an Ahead standard 24" bag with fluffy dividers, no wheels, in the drum shop, and a 24" Giant Beat didn't really fit. Scrape-o-rama!

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
Do you have fluffy dividers in it or not? I just tried an Ahead standard 24" bag with fluffy dividers, no wheels, in the drum shop, and a 24" Giant Beat didn't really fit. Scrape-o-rama!
It has fluffy dividers, but not as fluffy and floppy as the PR dividers. More rigid, which is good. I have a 24" GB and 2002 that fit snugly, but don't scrape. Here's a pic of the GB....

GB.jpg

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve got a 24” Beato Pro 1 with dividers, separate hi hat pouch, shoulder straps, etc. I can’t think of anything I’d want to change or upgrade about it.

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does a 24" cymbal fit and not get scraped by the zipper?
It properly fits. Ill make a picture for you.

The front pocket has a just over 16'' space.

I do think that any of this bags, don;t have proper dividers that cover the whole cymbal.

The protection raket aaa does has these (and they are firm) the only down side of that is that it doesn't have backpack straps, but it has a much spacier 24'' compartiment then all the above mentioned bags (including my own Zildjian). Also it has a opening at the bag so you can put it on a luggage trolley.

1632550901143.png

1632550863945.png

1632550843781.png

This thing is build like a tank, and can even be used in trucks or planes.

Last edited: