24" cymbal bags - what's good?

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your answers. I am taking notes...

Radio King

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got a new Forest Green 22" Tackle cymbal bag in a trade and liked it so much that I bought a Black 24" soon after. All handmade, they are very nice, and the owner, Scott McPherson is a real nice guy. The only minor drawback (to me) is that the bag tends to fold over once cymbals are removed from an upright position, which makes it a bit tricky to re-insert your first cymbal upright, though it's really no big deal to slide it in sideways. After the first one's in, you can return the bag to an upright position.

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beato Pro 1. Rainproof, fire resistant. They work perfectly.

I may be leaning towards the Beato, either the Pro1 or the "Curdura" for a 24" cymbal. I will probably call them later today - their website seems incomplete, with the Pro1 and the Curdura listed at the same price! Also, there's no description or picture of the bags' innards, so could you (or anyone) post pics of the insides of your bag? Does it have dividers for the full size and hi-hat pouches? Anyone got pics/description of the Curdura? Are they really both $107?

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I may be leaning towards the Beato, either the Pro1 or the "Curdura" for a 24" cymbal. I will probably call them later today - their website seems incomplete, with the Pro1 and the Curdura listed at the same price! Also, there's no description or picture of the bags' innards, so could you (or anyone) post pics of the insides of your bag? Does it have dividers for the full size and hi-hat pouches? Anyone got pics/description of the Curdura? Are they really both $107?
I have a Beato Pro 1 24” cymbal bag. Made very well, has held up to the riggers of the road, but my one complaint is that there is nothing at all protecting the bottom of the cymbals. Setting a fully loaded bag on the ground, there is just the leather between the ground and the cymbals. It would be very easy to crack an edge.

A 24” does fit snugly. The problem I’ve had is that I have put a bike tire cut up on the underside to add protection, but then I cannot fit the 24” cymbals anymore.

I much prefer the Ahead bag.
A3E4CC30-F429-430A-B2FB-DD8946AD9A26.jpeg
22153C5B-A699-465D-9016-AE2EEEB8AF89.jpeg

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a Beato Pro 1 24” cymbal bag. Made very well, has held up to the riggers of the road, but my one complaint is that there is nothing at all protecting the bottom of the cymbals. Setting a fully loaded bag on the ground, there is just the leather between the ground and the cymbals. It would be very easy to crack an edge.

A 24” does fit snugly. The problem I’ve had is that I have put a bike tire cut up on the underside to add protection, but then I cannot fit the 24” cymbals anymore.

I much prefer the Ahead bag. View attachment 520198 View attachment 520199
hi, perhaps you have an older bag? My Pro 1 with the hi hat compartment doesn’t have any issue with the bottom of the bag or fit issues.

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
IMO, this is an issue with many otherwise nice bags. Either the bottom padding is missing completely, or then it is constructed so that the outermost cymbals can go into the seam between the bottom and the side, where there is no padding.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
hi, perhaps you have an older bag? My Pro 1 with the hi hat compartment doesn’t have any issue with the bottom of the bag or fit issues.
Mine is older. Probably 10 years old. If they have changed the design, it might be the perfect bag.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am surprised no one has mentioned the 24" Paiste Professional Cymbal Bag yet. They are really nice with dividers.
CymbalBag24-large.jpg