24 Kerope vs 22 K Con MTL

Bullseye_Doc_Holiday

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know cymbal sound is pretty subjective. Hopefully this question can solicit some logistical feedback. My current cymbal setup is a 24 Kerope, 19 Kerope, 14" matched weight (800gr) 60's Avedis hats, and a 20" KCDR, cracked and riveted. Stylistically it's whatever I get called for, but not metal, hard rock, etc. Usually church stuff (modern worship (Pat Barret is a current favorite)), or 60's R&B, jazz standards. I don't dislike the 24 Kerope, but from sound files I think I like the 22" MTL a bit more.

Questions:
1. do you think there's enough difference in these cymbals to be worth the logistics of the swap? Hoping to gain more woody stick tone mostly and also a bit more wash on the crash.
2. how do you think these cymbals compare value-wise? The "Limited Edition" status of the 24" Kerope makes it harder to determine a real market value.
3. Would you do it or just stick with current setup?

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The 22" MTL is in my top 3 favorite rides ever. I've also owned the 24" Kerope. The big Kerope is a great cymbal, but in my experience , not as present and lacks crash and bell of the MTL. Both cymbals aren't loud, so keep that in mind. You will get that woody stick you desire in the MTL. The right one is inspiring.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I still regret selling my 22 MTL - just a fantastic cymbal - but I also had a 22 light that was 98% the same sound. Not really thrilled with my 22 Kerope (tapped it and just sitting "like new") but I've never played/see a 24 Kerope....very interesting.

I have a lot of cymbals to trade if you are willing to swap for the Kerope. I don't think the Keropes took off as they were marketed but I just want to try a 24.....

Ang

Reaction score
I’ve never played or seen a 24” Kerope either, and I sometimes miss my 22” K Con. MTL (Probably shouldn’t have sold it), but I have 22” Bounce and a 22” K Light Ride.
The search is never ending so I’ve decided to learn to make what I have work. I could literally drain my bank account on cymbals that I’d love to own, but is it going to help me? Probably not.