25% Off Casico inventory

fishstix94

Reaction score
I got an email from them this morning.. If you use the code 25DEAL you will get 25% off.. While I'm sure that their is restrictions, I tried it on a few different items and it worked!

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got the same. They are unfortunately not doing well financially and if they don't find a buyer soon will probably go out of business in April. The 25% is a great deal but probably not a good sign.

My recommendation is to call and verify that what you want is in stock so you should actually get the stuff you buy. Pay only with a credit card. Anything tied up in being drop shipped from a supplier or otherwise in the supply may get held up if they file for chapter 7 and you may not get the items or your money back. If you paid with a credit card you may be able to file a dispute with the card and get your money back but from what I have read they all have restrictions so you may still lose money if you go over their claim limit.

https://www.drumforum.org/threads/cascio-interstate-music-could-cease-operation-in-april-2020.170053/

From the BBB website.

https://www.bbb.org/article/news-releases/17407-bbb-advice-for-what-to-do-if-a-company-goes-out-of-business

If a Company Closes, But Hasn’t Officially Filed Bankruptcy

First, send the company a letter because their mail may still be forwarded. Physically go to their location to see if they left a message on the door for customers. Ask neighboring businesses if they have any information. Try to reach the owner. If you have merchandise in the store, contact the landlord to see if you can be given access to the company’s facility. As a last resort, contact law enforcement.

Warranties

The validity of any outstanding warranties varies depending on the facts. If a retailer goes out of business, the consumer may be able to rely on the manufacturer’s warranty. If a manufacturer goes out of business, the consumer may be able to rely on a retailer warranty. Many extended warranties and service plans are provided and administered by third parties and are typically not affected by a retailer or manufacturer closing its doors.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcies

Under Chapter 7 bankruptcy law, the money gained from selling the company’s assets goes first to back taxes, secured creditors and employees. That usually depletes available assets. If any assets are left over after the company goes out of business, they are divided among unsecured creditors, including customers who didn’t receive services or goods already paid for.

Customers who paid with credit cards may be able to dispute the charge with their credit card company to get their money back. Others who paid by check or cash, will need to file a claim with the bankruptcy court administering the process. A creditor must file a proof of claim within 90 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors. Visit www.uscourts.gov for more information.

Chapter 11 Bankruptcies

A Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows the company to continue operations while it reorganizes for future stability. If a company files for Chapter 11 protection, they will often still redeem unused gift cards, fulfill services and deliver on goods. Unfortunately, some Chapter 11 bankruptcies are unsuccessful and convert into Chapter 7, which leads to closure and complete liquidation. At that point, the chances for the consumer to receive any compensation are greatly diminished.

Unused Gift Cards

Under Chapter 7 bankruptcy law, the unused gift card holder must file a claim through the courts. Under Chapter 11 bankruptcy law, courts will decide if the business must honor gift cards. To avoid problems, the BBB advises that consumers redeem gift cards as soon as possible. You can learn more about unused gift cards and bankruptcy here.

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
They've always in the past honored their coupon codes for me on everything, just as long as I called and ordered by phone. The brand restrictions are for internet orders only.
And I agree with thin shell about making sure your order is in stock and paying with a major credit card.

MBB

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Saw it and ordered a set of three Sennheiser e604's for 25% off and free shipping. Pretty good deal.

Drummer1990

Reaction score
Wonder if I call them could I use the 25% off on a new 14x6.5 Black Beauty.. would be pretty damn cool if they did I'd get a $759 snare for used price of $569.25

Think they'd honor it over phone?

kluger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Have used Cascio many times in the past years, hope they can survive.
I did take advantage of this coupon, for items in stock. Heads , brushes, cymbal bag.
Thanks for the heads up.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Any particular salesperson you all deal with?
Thought about calling and seeing if the coupon will extend to out of stock and seeing if they are doing any ordering.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Any particular salesperson you all deal with?
Thought about calling and seeing if the coupon will extend to out of stock and seeing if they are doing any ordering.
I mean, your sense of optimism is inspiring, but please don't waste time or money on wishful thinking. All signs presently point to only ordering things they have in stock, and not thinking twice about it if they cancel or refund orders for things that ran out of stock before the website numbers got updated that day.

Their staff is probably on skeleton crew due to covid restrictions. You don't need a special salesperson, you just need someone to confirm the item is still in stock. Let's be frank and blunt here, this coupon code is for those of us who are picking the bones before the animal is dead. I got some sticks and heads and a tambourine.

gmiller598

Reaction score
Wonder if I call them could I use the 25% off on a new 14x6.5 Black Beauty.. would be pretty damn cool if they did I'd get a $759 snare for used price of $569.25

Think they'd honor it over phone?
If you just put it in your cart and apply the discount code it marks it down. I did it out of curiosity on a raw brass snare they showed in stock. I have no intention of buying though.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I just bought the entire discontinued supply of Sakae tom arms!!!
842 of them and I got every last one of them I'm thrilled !!!!!!

I also bought 1,142 Coated Remo Ambassador batter heads 14".
Only cost me 562$$ ! I stole em!!!

O wait wait wait. 252 drum keys! No brainer for 140$!!!!!!!
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

72 cymbal bags!!! vinyl zippered. Stole em 201$!!

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait
I bought every last snare side hoop 8 ..wait for it lug!
230 of em!! 400 bux!!

Last edited:

Jazz Turkey

Reaction score
I just bought the entire discontinued supply of Sakae tom arms!!!
842 of them and I got every last one of them I'm thrilled !!!!!!

I also bought 1,142 Coated Remo Ambassador batter heads 14".
Only cost me 562$$ ! I stole em!!!

O wait wait wait. 252 drum keys! No brainer for 140$!!!!!!!
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

72 cymbal bags!!! vinyl zippered. Stole em 201$!!

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait
I bought every last snare side hoop 8 ..wait for it lug!
230 of em!! 400 bux!!
I heard ambassador coated heads can be used as toliet paper. You lucky guy!

Drummer1990

Reaction score
If you just put it in your cart and apply the discount code it marks it down. I did it out of curiosity on a raw brass snare they showed in stock. I have no intention of buying though.
DEAL25 Wouldn't work for Ludwig LB417 smooth brass Black Beauty 14x6.5 :(