3 purchases...none good

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
So about a month ago, over the course of a few days...I made 3 Ebay purchases for cymbals.

One was a 60s Ufip 18" Crash w/crack, a 20" Super Tryko and finally 14HH/18/20 Aborea(?) set.

I got the UFIP. Fixed the crack...and its HORRIBLE. All white noise and no sustain...and soft. Its a very handsome cymbal...I'm going to look for a 2nd crack and try it on a thinner cymbal post...but I think this is the biggest dog I've ever owned. I can't see selling it to anyone because its that bad. I'm going to make a clock out of it.

The Super Tryko... Got a message from the seller shortly after I won. His car was broken into and all the packages he was taking to the post office stolen. I had a refund before I finished reading the message.

The set of 3. Long story short...guy held off shipping because Paypal held the payment. Said he got the money...but I got no shipping detail. Told him Thursday that I was going to request a refund. He said he's ship Friday. No message/no tracking info. Monday I messaged him/no reply...Tuesday I opened I complaint and today...got a refund.

So it goes.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Don't give up!
well..the 2nd refund will go to some car repairs...so it might be for the best....Also the aborea purchased was about the same cost of a ride on Amazon (UFIP)...and I missed it...so maybe its all for the best...we'll see.

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would have been real interested in your thoughts on the Sonor Super Tyrko. Those where made in house in Aue but there is very little hands on info out there. Most say the silver supers are better then stock Tykos. Hope the next time goes much better.

Jorn

Reaction score
How about putting the UFIP in a lathe to cut it down to a smaller diameter?

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
How about putting the UFIP in a lathe to cut it down to a smaller diameter?
Not sure I want to spend more money on a dog...but...I could talk to some of the cymbal modders. I did just reserect the other 'dog' in my collection (a bad sounding 15" SR2).

Thanks Jorn...

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sounds like 2 bad deals were averted! As for the UFIP, I normally don't buy broken cymbals, but I've been on a Charlie Watts kick and actually almost bought a cracked UFIP china on eBay but the guy flaked......oh well.

Latest posts