3 weeks & item purchased from member yet to be shipped ?? UPDATE - NOW DELIVERED !!!

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Disagree. He did. They were unresponsive.

From OP
"This thread just prompted contact from the seller. They said they will ship by end of the week. I'm glad they reached out. Fingers crossed."

Sounds like he used it as the option of last resort and it prompted action. I say he made the right call. Personally I'd like to know who the seller is so I know not to deal with him.
OK FOLKS, this is the 1st I have heard of this, I am sorry the OP is having problems, but nothing was sent to me.
A member filed a report on this thread this am, and another mod chimed in ALSO saying this is the 1st he has heard of it.

as I have said before, if there is an issue or concern CONTACT ME, if you send me a pm and I dont respond SEND IT AGAIN.
I WILL ALWAYS BE ON TOP OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO GET IT WORKED OUT BUT I NEED TO BE CONTACTED.

Ben

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
OK FOLKS, this is the 1st I have heard of this, I am sorry the OP is having problems, but nothing was sent to me.
A member filed a report on this thread this am, and another mod chimed in ALSO saying this is the 1st he has heard of it.

as I have said before, if there is an issue or concern CONTACT ME, if you send me a pm and I dont respond SEND IT AGAIN.
I WILL ALWAYS BE ON TOP OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO GET IT WORKED OUT BUT I NEED TO BE CONTACTED.

Ben
lol someone reported the thread? How lame is that.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, thats how I was made aware of it, would have seen a little later I am sure.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, contact the moderators, but when it comes down to it, it's between the buyer and seller (and maybe PayPal). It’s a fine line between providing a place where buyers and sellers can get together, and getting involved in the transactions. If DFO gets too involved they could be viewed as being culpable for anything that goes wrong.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The individual communicated on the 26th, the 8th, and the 12th ... and evidently recently.
The individual did not “ignore” you.
This is between you, the individual, and the Mods to sort out.
Yes, and only one of these responses was made on their own....without me prompting a reply. The "recent" reply from yesterday was from me posting this thread. Hadn't heard anything from them since Nov 12th.....waiting for them to "get home" in order to ship. They missed 3 deadlines to ship....without reasonably prompt notification. This was between me and the mods until I heard nothing back following using the "contact us" feature. That could be an issue in itself it that goes into a dead letter area that is rarely checked....or sent to spam, etc. A mod contacted me via PM this morning and I gave them particulars. Also resent another "contact us" message to see if that one goes through.

I've been taken for decent amounts over the past 45 yrs by giving lots of trust to sellers who "had a good story" and usually great recommendations. I've seen some of the supposedly best people ever go down the tubes and shaft customers. And those were people I would have gone to bat for....until the evidence got to be overwhelming. So my tolerance has gone from months or even years....to under 30 days. Sorry. I'm tired of being a serial victim. I've paid my dues. And I don't feel "dumping" this on PayPal is the best answer. That's a cop out until all better avenues are explored. Remember, my thread last year about not shipping a paid for Hi Hat stand to the back woods of Louisiana to a "tree hut address?" I didn't want to dump that mess on Ebay or Paypal when the non-communicating seller refused to reply to any of my urgings to accept a rebate on that item. So I refunded ALL the money within 3 days....and took a beating on here for violating a legal Ebay/PayPal contract. Oh well. Someone was going to get screwed on that deal once the supposed seller filed a claim for non-delivery or damage. As it has turned out, it's 17 months later....and they still have Zero Feed Back....a ghost. But they are on my "saved" Ebay seller's list just in case they show up someday....lol.

Last edited:

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, and only one of these responses was made on their own....without me prompting a reply. The "recent" reply from yesterday was from me posting this thread. Hadn't heard anything from them since Nov 12th. They missed 3 deadlines to ship....without reasonably prompt notification. This was between me and the mods until I heard nothing back following using the "contact us" feature. That could be an issue in itself it that goes into a dead letter area that is rarely checked....or sent to spam, etc. A mod contacted me via PM this morning and I gave them particulars. Also resent another "contact us" message to see if that one goes through. Would be good to know if there's an issue there.
I did get the one sent this am, did not get the 1st one, so seems to be working but maybe there was a glitch and the 1st one went to junk.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
A forum is not the place to discuss personal issues like you have brought to light.
You stated in the open this individuals financial stresses alongside the fact they are having family issues.
If it were me, I would have some very negative emotions towards you. Praise God it is not. I thank the Lord I am not walking through the darker times like this individual.
I would think a bit if understanding and compassion would be a better course.

A full month has yet to elapse.

Perhaps you could pursue the Mods and keep this behind the curtain so that the individuals privacy is not violated any more than it already has been ... during what appears to be a very rough patch of ground.

Just my take. Others opinions may differ.
Disagree.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I appreciate the tons of support I've received from most members who replied. Frankly, sort of overwhelmed by it. Thanks.

The "contact us" didn't work me when I first used it. And I don't read every thread around here to know that Drawtheline55 is the one to contact. It would be helpful to have a FAQ link or something right at the top of one of the sub-forums for the process and contact points for a complaint. I looked around and found nothing other than "contact us." That didn't seem like the optimum way but it was the only means I found.

And I owe Tillerva a shout out on the SOLD forum thread for their last transaction with me. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Last edited:

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
the Cult of Pollyanna will always disapprove of these type of threads, but sometimes you have to take the gloves off to get things done.
I totally agree, this is unacceptable. I sell regularly on ebay and always ship the next day unless it's the weekend. I guess we'd like to think there's a certain amount of integrity among members of the same forum, but maybe that's all BS? Anyway, I hope the OP gets his shipment asap now.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate the tons of support I've received from most members who replied. Frankly, sort of overwhelmed by it. Thanks.

The "contact us" didn't work me when I first used it. And I don't read every thread around here to know that Drawtheline55 is the one to contact. It would be helpful to have a FAQ link or something right at the top of one of the sub-forums for the process and contact points for a complaint. I looked around and found nothing other than "contact us." That didn't seem like the optimum way but it was the only means I found.

And I owe Tillerva a shout out on the SOLD forum thread for their last transaction with me. Above and beyond the call of duty.
There is a sticky in the market place sections:

But not full proof and can be missed of course, sorry that the "Contact Us" button didn't work before and hopefully this gets resolved.

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just hope this doesn't start falling hard on the Mods. They do enough work on all our behalf as it is and there is no reason, at least as far as I can tell reading through the OPs posts, to give them or Ben any grief about this.

In fact, seeing as TamaCW has gotten a response, no reason this thread shouldn't be buried at this point.

TamaCW and the Mods can handle it from here in private.

Just sayin'

Rock Salad

Reaction score
I agree with posting troubles with transactions.
I think that most traders here are so excellent that we need to uphold this reputation!
I also appreciate the discretion shown by op in not mentioning names yet.
I don't understand why some are against this sort of post. Don't read it if it offends you.
I realise I am new here, and I welcome any education on this or other topics.
Andrew

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for that link above. I'm sure I've run across that one sometime in the past 2 yrs. But looking for a complaint section in "drums for sale" wasn't on my thought process. My bad for missing it. I certainly wasn't faulting the mods. They do plenty. Just noting that I took the normal steps to get to this thread. l will follow up with how this all wraps up.

Latest posts