$30K Billy Gladstone on CL

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i was just about to post this! What is this really worth?

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's the one that Maxwell's had on consignment recently...it's a lady that decided to try to sell the drum on her own.

-Bill

curotto

DFO Master
Reaction score
I spoke to Steve Maxwell and his comment is: "This drum is not for sale through my shop and I am not providing any authentication of the drum for the current seller."

Mike Curotto

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder what happened. It seems as though this person asked Steve Maxwell to sell the drum, and then once the ad was up, decided they didn't want to part with the consignment fee, and took the drum back. A rather frustrating move, since Steve's site has a large international customer base that has already seen the drum, so it's basically free advertising. Steve took the time to do great photos and an excellent description only to have the person take the drum back...I wouldn't authenticate it either! I wonder what the seller thought the drum was worth before Steve helped her out.

-Bill

Joeyboom

De. Drum Show Feb. TBA 2018
Reaction score
Man this is like an episode of: [in a deep boomy voice]

"As the Gladstone Turns "

Will the drum achieve its asking price?
Will We find out what exactly happened at Steve's??. .
Will the mystery woman come to her senses????

Tune in tomorrow

:drunken:

DrumBob

DFO Master
Reaction score
If I was Steve, I'd be pissed too. He probably wanted 25% commission on it, or $7500 if it sold at that price, and the lady got cold feet and said in her old bitty voice, "I'll sell it myself!"

On Craigslist. Hello? Is she serious. Some idiot will call and offer her $500!

nonagon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The one and only metal snare Gladstone ever made? Jeez! :shock:
Untrue...check out the next issue of Classic Drumer.
Aha. The seller should be informed. Same exact size, finish and shell?

Apparently someone was careless with it enough that the top hoop got cracked. And the finish is flaking off. I wonder with a historic drum like this if it would be better or worse for the value to have it replated or relacquered and send the cracked hoop to a good metal worker to repair. Rehabbing a Black Beauty is one thing, but this might be different. I guess if I had the means to buy it I'd probably spend a bit more for it to look perfect.

Latest posts