50 and 50!!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
well, had a birthday today. the big 50! had a pretty exciting day. lunch with my wife and youngest daughter. hit some thrift stores sorting through small treasures. had spaghetti dinner (also german chocolate cupcakes) with my wife, oldest daughter, son and grandson.

recently, my wife got wind of the 50th anniversary supras and said I just had to have one since I was hitting 50 as well. already have a 64 supra. so this one completes the 50 year package deal. decided to go with the 6.5 version. 300 of these were made. it was waiting on me when I got home this afternoon. this could not have happened without the help of steve(dimag333) from russo music. he went way over and above to make this happen for me and I cannot thank him enough. the drum is beautiful. me,not so much!

heading to the Ludwig factory in Monroe tomorrow to finish off the big celebration! can't wait.

mike

Attachments

drumaniac

DFO Master
Reaction score
Congrats Mike

Not only a drum but 2 keepers, the drum and the wife

Cheers!
Rick

Mendozart

Jenkins-Martin rep
Reaction score
Happy birthday Mike! Congrats on this milestone day and very cool gift.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
You go Mike That Supra doesn't look like any i've ever seen before Awesome dude.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
50… is the new 40, so if you want... you can have another mid-life crisis.

Happy Birthday Mike

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
has anyone told you today that you are a handsome man? if not, let me be the first of i'm sure many. happy birthday!

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just think, you qualify for an AARP card in just about 5 years....... Killer !!! Got mine on the big 55. {Gets you a free donut with a coffee purchase at Duncan Donuts...... "I'm here all week, try the chicken" !!!!

Seriously, Happy Birthday !!!!! :wink:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, my drum brother. I hope that drum is a pleasure to play, and I hope you gave your wife a big kiss of thanks! Play it in good health, buddy.
Jeremy

Speedy Keen

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Mike! Looks like a great Ludwig drum.

Latest posts