500 dollars and 500 miles got me this...

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Rogers script set.
Found the set on CL and even though it ment 8 hours in the car, with things like they are, any time out of the house was a breath of fresh air.

From the serial numbers, looks to be a 74 Fullerton
kit. Put together in a 13,14,16,24 config with Super Ten snare.
All drums including snare have the same original store sticker from JamesTown N Dakota.
All the original stands and hardware are there incuding the bass pedal and throne.
The cymbals were probably purchased in the same shop, Hats and 18 crash are Ludwig standards by Paiste with the shooting star stamp. Not very good sounding. But the 20" is an Avedis that is pretty thin and sounds good.

20200721_181332_resized.jpg

Attachments

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible! Ya done good! Well worth such a trip. The set's looking one-owner, AND you got the snare, AND you got the cymbals and hardware. And store stickers/badges (which I love).
So clean!

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing for WMP Rogers kit yrs ago...worth the drive anytime, congrats

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
For $500 bucks thats a great buy! Enjoy them. You might even be able to flip the cymbals and lower your purchase price.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
I have the Super Ten for sale in the "For sale" section. Even though it is in excellent shape. I just don't need it and it is such a good sounding snare, it should sell soon enough.

I saw from the catalog pages for the super ten that it has "flexible tuning design for the easiest to tune drum ever." What the h is flexible tuning?

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Rogers script set.
Found the set on CL and even though it ment 8 hours in the car, with things like they are, any time out of the house was a breath of fresh air.

All drums including snare have the same original store sticker from JamesTown N Dakota.
All the original stands and hardware are there incuding the bass pedal and throne.
The cymbals were probably purchased in the same shop, Hats and 18 crash are Ludwig standards by Paiste with the shooting star stamp. Not very good sounding. But the 20" is an Avedis that is pretty thin and sounds good.

View attachment 452362
Congratulations!

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a Rogers swivo 24 bass drum for years - like thunder !!

Those stands up here in good condition like yours would fetch up to 400 !!

The Super Ten is one of the loudest , won't choke snares I've ever had !!

That ' shooting star ' Paiste has just the right amount of trash in it that some manufacturers try to imitate today .

Your decision to make that trip was the right one . Well done !!

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Rogers script set.

View attachment 452362
Totally worth it and great find! Send some sound clips when you get a chance!