50s or 70s A?

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd go with a 70's Canadian Zildjian as I don't see "made is USA." Pretty faint stamp with some traits of a Trans stamp. But I'd go with 70's Canada.

Pretty big bell for that cymbal. Potential it might be cut down.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No, the quote was saying the bell could be cut down - hence my amazement.
No. The quote said the cymbal (it) had a large bell. And it could have been cut down. Doesn't even make sense that a humongous bell could have been cut down to only a large bell.....????

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark, it’s a 50s and has not been cut down. It has been modded by Ariel Calabria. A bit of selective hammering to dry it out a bit. How do I know? It’s my pie that I’ve owned for several years. Next time you decide not to follow through on a deal, a simple “Hey I can’t make it today” instead of radio silence would be polite.
Dave

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
Hey Mark, it’s a 50s and has not been cut down. It has been modded by Ariel Calabria. A bit of selective hammering to dry it out a bit. How do I know? It’s my pie that I’ve owned for several years.
Dave
So that would explain why the hammering was tough to eyeball, and the patina seemed darker than 70’s (though I’ve been stuck using my phone the last few months, so pics are tiny). 70 bucks seems extremely solid for any pro-level 20” ride.

If I was local, I’d buy that.

MasterBlaster

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No. The quote said the cymbal (it) had a large bell. And it could have been cut down. Doesn't even make sense that a humongous bell could have been cut down to only a large bell.....????
Don't blame me for bad sentence structure and arrangement. Of course a bell can't be cut down - hence my questioning.

Jeebs...

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So that would explain why the hammering was tough to eyeball, and the patina seemed darker than 70’s (though I’ve been stuck using my phone the last few months, so pics are tiny). 70 bucks seems extremely solid for any pro-level 20” ride.

If I was local, I’d buy that.
Yep. A few hammer kisses will do that! Otherwise I would have listed it for twice that price. Generally the offerup crowd just wants cheap. Those kinda of details aren’t usually relevant.

Latest posts