57 years ago tonight

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a twinkle in my dad's eye and dust in the wind at the time.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Forgot to set the timer on my Betamax VCR back then -- I heard it was a good show! Maybe they'll become famous someday?

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was young but I vividly remember my parents and two older brothers gathered around our black and white Zenith TV. Later that year my parents bought me a Ringo costume for Halloween.

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My family were all watching, loving the music and trying to figure out what their names might be. Then CBS superimposed their names over close-ups of each band member and when they finally showed the drummer and the name "Ringo" appeared all of us said in unison "RINGO???" (At the time I was hoping it would be Irving...)

old_K_ride

DFO Master
Reaction score
Over on NBC, it was the "Wonderful World of Disney."
my younger brother and I had a portable B&W TV in our bedroom.we were watching the WWorld of Disney when our mom came in.
she told us to come into the living room to see something that was "very important" on television.we were bugged but she insisted so we did.
no sooner did we sit in the front of the TV that Ed introduced The Beatles.to say seeing them then made an impression on me for life is an understatement.
I was 7 years old.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a year and a half old, but my mom says I was there watching it along with her and her parents.... not sure I can count that as "I saw it" though!

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was six -- and a half! -- and I certainly remember it. I have two older siblings, and they were making quite the fuss, so I knew it was a Big Deal. It's why I play drums.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My older sisters and brother coerced my Dad to let us watch it . I was very young but still remember my sisters screaming and my Brother dancing with my Mom and my Dad on his chair totally disgusted by it all . I could not take my eyes off Ringo - then and there I wanted to play the drums .