6/2019 Update. Even More new songs from my band, Whoa!Tiger

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have not posted any new music here in quite a while, I hope you like these two songs. I just got the master yesterday for "Days Gone By" and "Harp in Pocket" is only a couple of weeks old. We have 2 more that are almost done and more music that will be recorded soon.

This is the 1st new music from our revamped line up. We changed guitar players, added keys and a percussionist! Eric Wood, our percussionist, wrote the lyrics for Days Gone By about his best friend that died in a plane crash 21 years ago, this past Halloween.

http://whoatiger.bandcamp.com/

Let me know what you think!

Erik

Edit - changed title

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Very nice. I liked it a lot.

drummerdanva

Reaction score
Nice band. Harp in Pocket has a sound like it was recorded with everyone playing in one room to tape. The very beginning almost sounds like the sound when the needle on a turntable drops on the record. But it is digital..correct?

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is all digital recording. The needle drop was added right before we mastered, it was our bass players idea. This project is being recorded at a new place, for us, and we have been very happy with the results. Everything is recorded separatly, with me laying down drums 1st with scratch bass, gtr and vox.

Thanks for taking the time to listen!

xsabers

Reaction score
Erik said:
We just added a new song, look for None More Black on the bandcamp link.
You didn't!!

Nice title!

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, we did! When this idea was 1st introduced to the band, our keyboard play had 3 or 4 ideas on the table. I got frustrated trying to figure out one from another, so I gave each idea a name and this one stuck. Jack incorporated it into the lyric. It's a nice tongue in cheek reference in an otherwise dark song.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Sounds great. It must be interesting playing in a band with three Eric's...

xsabers

Reaction score
DanRH said:
Sounds great. It must be interesting playing in a band with three Eric's...
My band used to have David on bass, David on Guitar, and the singer's husband was also David.

W

wayne

Very well done, the engineer knows his stuff!..Nice songs, great flow and dynamics...Are you guys doing clubs and corporate shows?....Just my opinion, but a female vocalist would be the icing!!...good luck.

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

We just added a 4th song - Century Road. I won't have anymore for a while. We have 4 songs we are working on, but probably not record again until March or April.

Wayne, we do gig occasionally. We played a 2 hour set last night at a brewery. This band does not do any cover songs, so that limits the venues. We are finding that breweries are interested in local original acts. Local Beer and Local Music! The pay is not great, but all of the $ goes toward recording. (Last night they bought us pizza, supplied really good brew, paid us $250 and everyone went home with a growler.) This gig will cover about half a weekends worth of recording - 2 or 3 songs.

We have worked with female vocalists before, but not as a member of the band. We recorded "I can live with it" a couple years ago with Shelby Jones. She's a local, very talented singer. The song uses a little bit of word play. The last word in Jack's line is the first word in ler line. You can find this at our bandcamp page on The Rollout.

Thanks again for listening and giving feedback, I appreciate it!

http://whoatiger.bandcamp.com/