6.5" x 14" Greg Gaylord Drum Solo snare. Immaculate condition! 500.00 OBO

robthedrummer

Reaction score
Hey all,

New lower price or 500.00 OBO on this great drum! I've got this really great snare drum, but it just doesn't get played that much and it should. Greg, if you didn't know, have been head of production at Craviotto for the past several years. Before that, he made his own line of 'Drum Solo' drums.

This is a segment shell of Banara wood. I didn't know much about that type of wood so i emailed Greg and this was his response: The Banara snare would have been one of only a few at the most. I don't recall how many were made. I may have done one for Pork Pie many years ago. Banara is a tropical wood and the material I used was all FSC certified, so it was environmentally "friendly". The snare you picked up was likely a 6 x 14 and if so, it was likely the drum used on my web site and in the DRUM! magazine article "wood of the month". I recall the wood being very "creamy" to work with and yellow-ish in color. Beyond that, my memory fades and I dont recall much else.

What I can say about it is that it is heavier than maple. It's weight and sound remind me of Padouk or Rosewood. Very sensitive. It has it's original heads and snare wires. The only issue is that the knob on the Trick snare has a very small amount of flaking on the chrome plating. Drum is blemish free.

Here is the Reverb listing: https://reverb.com/item/32717285-drum-solo-6-5-x-14-banara-wood-perfect-condition-banara-wood-yellow-gloss

If you buy it directly through me with Paypal, I'll knck off another 50 bucks for the DFO discount.

Thanks for looking,
Rob

Attachments

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very cool drum! I think Gaylord will be one of the boutique builders who will be known in history. His time at Craviotto will only build that fame further.

J

jaymandude

Hey all,

I've got this really great snare drum, but it just doesn't get played that much and it should. Greg, if you didn't know, have been head of production at Craviotto for the past several years. Before that, he made his own line of 'Drum Solo' drums.

This is a segment shell of Banara wood. I didn't know much about that type of wood so i emailed Greg and this was his response: The Banara snare would have been one of only a few at the most. I don't recall how many were made. I may have done one for Pork Pie many years ago. Banara is a tropical wood and the material I used was all FSC certified, so it was environmentally "friendly". The snare you picked up was likely a 6 x 14 and if so, it was likely the drum used on my web site and in the DRUM! magazine article "wood of the month". I recall the wood being very "creamy" to work with and yellow-ish in color. Beyond that, my memory fades and I dont recall much else.

What I can say about it is that it is heavier than maple. It's weight and sound remind me of Padouk or Rosewood. Very sensitive. It has it's original heads and snare wires. The only issue is that the knob on the Trick snare has a very small amount of flaking on the chrome plating. Drum is blemish free.

Here is the Reverb listing: https://reverb.com/item/32717285-drum-solo-6-5-x-14-banara-wood-perfect-condition-banara-wood-yellow-gloss

If you buy it directly through me with Paypal, I'll knck off another 50 bucks for the DFO discount.

Thanks for looking,
Rob
I bet when he was building that the shop was having a " Banararama" !!! ( clearly an 80's joke )

Latest posts