7 hole 16” hoop

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In all my years, never seen a hoop that size with that lug count. Single flanged hoops with clips are probably your only option.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I once had this weirdest ever 60's Pearl-made Bollero kit that had a 7 lug floor tom w/ stick saver style rims. The lug inserts were made of brass, the kick had a 3rd, middle re-ring, but the weirdest part is that the kick was a "pre-international" 22 w/ calfskins. I wasn't gonna spring for custom Remo jobbies, so I ended up putting spacers under the lugs & using 22" hoops. The splay & the way the head sat was strange, but it sounded fine. I still have "pre-international" 22 hoops kicking around. I posted tons of questions about this kit way back when & I never, ever got a response from anyone who has ever seen another "pre-international" MIJ bass drum.

Attachments

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
i had a bollero set ... 16x16 had 7 lugs ... i could never find one , i hope you're luckier ....
Well let's just find out where your Bollero kit wound up and do some stalking! Your sympathy is appreciated during this trying time.

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well let's just find out where your Bollero kit wound up and do some stalking! Your sympathy is appreciated during this trying time.
oh i know where it is .... i sold it to a guy here in my home town , he uses it with no bottom hoop , actually it sounds awesome

Latest posts