70's oyster blue

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
So this guy either sold these and isn’t able to delete his ad or he’s just not willing to ship and won’t email me back to let me know, also possible that the email went into his spam account, If any of you live in the Colorado Springs area and could email this guy maybe you’ll have better luck getting in touch and let him know that someone in Ohio wants to buy these

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
So another forum member was actually able to get through to this guy with an email, and the seller sent the forum member his number. So I texted it and told the guy that I was interested and that I needed to know if the snare was the real deal or if it had a piece of wrap from another blue oyster drum. I also asked if he would be interested in shipping. NOTHING. I think that if this was a case of him not wanting to ship he would just say so. So I’m going to go with fake jazz fest and he doesn’t want to say anything for fear of that info getting out, if that’s not the case then the seller should at least say something one way or the other to me

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
The guy finally got in touch with me he does not want to ship, so if anyone on here lives near Colorado Springs and would be interesting in helping a brother out I would hook you up

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have a friend in Colorado Springs who’s going to help out and the owner of the drums is OK with this so everything is on the up and up now, I will be talking to him on the phone tonight so that we can nail down a price

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of that version of Oyster Blue, but that set is changing my mind a bit. Very cool. And the matching snare!!! I bet there are far fewer BB style oyster Blue Jazz Festivals like that than there are 60's Oyster Black (or Blue) Jazz Festivals. The demand for such probably isn't as great, but I remember several posts over the years of guys looking for matching snare drums in that wrap. Certainly worth a premium over more common colors (although B/O badged Jazz Festivals are fairly uncommon to begin with...chrome or vistalite was the order of the day).

Good luck with the purchase.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
That kit is absolutely gorgeous/beautiful. Love it. But that's a "fishing" price, I'm sure. Either that, or the owner has been spending too much time on the Maxwell site. But too, if you don't ask...!

GeeDeeEmm
"Fishing" price? Find another odd wrap downbeat '70s Ludwig set with the rail, matching snare and a 16.

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
We talked, the main part of the discussion was the snare. As far as this guy can tell it’s the real deal he doesn’t really know much about drums, so I will get a hold of him later today I want him to take a picture of the badge and possibly a picture of the drum through the snare side head. We agreed on a price

Fullerton 9/72

Reaction score
It looks like perhaps whoever set up the kit for the photo, didn't know too much about drums, especially given the contorted position of the 12" and the uneven FT heights.

I'm not a big fan of the finish, but I love the baby-bonham configuration!

Ludwigboy

Reaction score
Wow! Hope all works out for you on this kit! The set looks in great shape and the color is nice!

mfryed2112

DFO Master
Reaction score
On their way here, my buddy took pictures of them when he dropped them off at his local fedex store. Four boxes and shipping was a little steep but I know that Fed ex will more than likely overdo it on the packing material because they are packing them and they know that they are responsible. I’m happy! I’ve been wanting to buy something on the rear side for quite some time. I had my six ply thermogloss kit in 14,18,24 with matching snare and I have tried for over a year to find a matching 16. I found two but pooter had them and she would not take more detailed pictures for the $600 that she was asking and I was willing to pay, so they are sold in the buyer is coming here tomorrow to pick them up. I also have a very large drum workshop design series kit 6,8,10,12,14,16,22 with good Sabians and a rack with a bronze Tama snare that is for sale and to be honest at $1800 it is a Flippin no brainer. I’ll post pics when the bowling balls show up

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Those are gonna be so sweet! Can't wait to see some pics of them properly set up!

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. Long story, but I'm sure they'll be worth it once you set em up!

bonzo60

Reaction score
I saw this posting this past weekend. Beautiful kit and I'm diggin' that matching throne. Good luck with your purchase mfryed, report back.

Latest posts