70's oyster blue

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
On their way here, my buddy took pictures of them when he dropped them off at his local fedex store. Four boxes and shipping was a little steep but I know that Fed ex will more than likely overdo it on the packing material because they are packing them and they know that they are responsible. I’m happy! I’ve been wanting to buy something on the rear side for quite some time. I had my six ply thermogloss kit in 14,18,24 with matching snare and I have tried for over a year to find a matching 16. I found two but pooter had them and she would not take more detailed pictures for the $600 that she was asking and I was willing to pay, so they are sold in the buyer is coming here tomorrow to pick them up. I also have a very large drum workshop design series kit 6,8,10,12,14,16,22 with good Sabians and a rack with a bronze Tama snare that is for sale and to be honest at $1800 it is a Flippin no brainer. I’ll post pics when the bowling balls show up

Isn't is annoying that pooder/leecountymusic/etc etc etc, the male "Gayle", won't sell drums at realistic values when you make them a reasonable offer? $600 for a Bowling Ball floor is MORE than enough. I was trying to buy a 10x14 Mod Orange rack tom, I offered just a little under their asking price, and was told "a guy from China is interested". That damn drum IS STILL on eBay at the original slightly inflated price. (Nope, I won't pay their price on it, based on condition.)

FYI that Oyster Blue kit is beautiful.

Stretch

mfryed2112

DFO Star
Reaction score
I received them this morning as I was walking out the door for work which worked out great because I had to sign for them.
23281453-6FCF-4C30-8C0C-84801298F9BC.jpeg

Attachments

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
To me this kit is just as fantastic as a 1960's Oyster Blue kit, and I didn't like the "Bowling Ball" look until recently.
One up, two down, matching snare. Awesome. And hey, it's what I would own if I had the space in my room.
Stretch

Tanabata

Reaction score
To me this kit is just as fantastic as a 1960's Oyster Blue kit, and I didn't like the "Bowling Ball" look until recently.
One up, two down, matching snare. Awesome. And hey, it's what I would own if I had the space in my room.
Stretch
I like this wrap too. Main problem is that you can't tell what it looks like till you're standing in the room with it. There's a lot of pearl beneath the surface and that almost never shows up in pics.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Omg these are nicer than I imagined! Glad you were able to make this work out. They look so cool!

maxb2k

Reaction score
Congratulations & WoW!!

The 1970’s Oyster blue has got to be a classic Ludwig finish IMHO.
but a Jazz Fest in matching Oyster Blue Pearl has got to be so very rare, and special!
Awesome!!! I bet they sound great!

plexi69

Reaction score
Hi all! I had been following this thread and thought I would ask how the set sounds now that one has been acclimated to it? Thanks and Cheers!

mfryed2112

DFO Star
Reaction score
The toms sound great! They were tuned up in the medium tight range when I received them and they sounded so good that I left them that way. Nice resonance. I need to try some other heads on the bass drum. It has a fiberskin batter with a ambassador weight Reso. Going to try a ps3 for the batter I think. Reso heads on the toms are coated ambassadors and they work great. This is my first jazz fest, sounds great, not what I’m use to but I do like it. It sounds killer when playing with the snares off. Definitely a fun kit to own and I’m happy with the purchase.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
‘69 Rock Duo
I actually think this might be most of a blue note. The rock duo was 20,20,12,13,16 with a supra. The blue note was 22,22,12,13,16,18,jazzfest,canister and bongos. Whatever configuration it is, it looks awesome! It just makes me wonder where the other pieces could be. It's also possible that someone custom ordered it just as you see it.

1582038643890.png

MichaelV

Reaction score
Was just at Rupp drums in Denver Colorado and they have a bowling ball kit on the floor in great condition foe a good price

Latest posts