7x15 Jenkins-Martin Blaemire snare demo

drumjinxjr

Reaction score

Just shipped this monster out, thought you all might want to hear it.

It's a no frills recording done live to a Zoom H2N. Audio is directly from the H2N, sitting above the drummers head, no effects or studio wizardry.

7x15, 10 lug, 27 strand handmade Bibin wires, Remo Controlled Sound reverse dot batter, Evans 300 snare side.
blaemire 7x15 10 lug_01.jpg
blaemire 7x15 10 lug_02.jpg
blaemire 7x15 10 lug_05.jpg
blaemire 7x15 10 lug_06.jpg

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Really has its own sound, that thing wouldn't be scared of anything. Defiantly not a piccolo snare, seems to go anywhere it is directed. I really like it, by the way what are Bibin wires?

drumjinxjr

Reaction score
Really has its own sound, that thing wouldn't be scared of anything. Defiantly not a piccolo snare, seems to go anywhere it is directed. I really like it, by the way what are Bibin wires?
Bibin is a guy out of Serbia making snare wires. The snare owner had 2 different gauges shipped to me to try out on the snare. Both were fantastic. What you're hearing is the thicker wire of the two. Great, big, rock/pop sounds. The thinner wires were so sensitive and expressive. I think he has FB and IG accounts.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sounds great...very gutsy/throaty, probably due to the 15” size and the awesome shell.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
You will be hard pressed to find a better sounding drum than a Jenkins Martin drum! I have an entire Concert Tom drumset with a matching 8x14 snare drum...unreal sounding. At the Chicago Drum Show, they consistently have the best sounding kit in the house. They had a 24,13,16,18 kit last year that shook the rafters...that bass drum was the ultimate...just astonishingly HUGE with this OOMPH that turned every head in the house. Great people to work with...I will be having them make me another kit this year. Their shells are works of art...perfectly round like nothing you have ever seen or played...Seriously! I just can't say enough great words about how GREAT these drums sound.