80's Pearl export

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
It's funny but looking at the curtains... I've finally realized that the previous owners definitely had boys... I had never noticed that before. We've all girls here, so no chance of buying those curtains. :smile:

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
... so as someone already suggested I'm going steer clear of stain and go with paint and clearcoat. I'll post pics once the shells are painted. Thanks everyone!!
They will look great painted. I've recently painted a 10" tom that I added into a beautiful originally white '89 Tama kit that has faded to a fantastic cream color. I just did many layers with a brush, in a warm room and cut and polished, but a spray booth would be better, for sure. Just mask up your edges before applying paint... and they'll look great. BTW, my wife loves my cream Tamas... she totally loves the color. And I agree, they are definitely my best looking drums. Even my bass player took a photo of them. Cream is good.

Tama 10 16 22.jpg

Tamas gig  kit.jpg

Ronnie6680

Reaction score
They will look great painted. I've recently painted a 10" tom that I added into a beautiful originally white '89 Tama kit that has faded to a fantastic cream color. I just did many layers with a brush, in a warm room and cut and polished, but a spray booth would be better, for sure. Just mask up your edges before applying paint... and they'll look great. BTW, my wife loves my cream Tamas... she totally loves the color. And I agree, they are definitely my best looking drums. Even my bass player took a photo of them. Cream is good.

View attachment 521740

View attachment 521741
Those look awesome

Ronnie6680

Reaction score
I ran into an offer I couldn't refuse. As this will be my first attempt at restoration I bypassed spending $200+ on heads and grabbed this whole set for $50. Final coat should be done tomorrow then put her back together.

Attachments