9 piece Gretsch 57 Renown in Motor City Red

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well I finally got my last piece to the puzzle. I had the original 14" floor cut down to make a 14 x 10 rack tom. I had another 14" floor on order to replace it. I thought I might never see it after DW took over distribution for Gretsch.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful kit! I'm actually starting to like the chevrons. Passing up the Renown '57s when they were being blown out is a major regret of mine.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
cochlea said:
Beautiful kit! I'm actually starting to like the chevrons. Passing up the Renown '57s when they were being blown out is a major regret of mine.
Thanks man. The main reason I bought the kit was the Chevrons. 57 Chevy in Red has always been one of my favourite cars. I have a bike in the same colour.

megalouse1

Reaction score
holding out on us..... ive seen the rest of your collection on another site. very nice kit, make me think of a 57 cevy for some reason.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
megalouse1 said:
holding out on us..... ive seen the rest of your collection on another site. very nice kit, make me think of a 57 cevy for some reason.
Thanks. The kit was designed from the car.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's amazing. I didn't realize they offered that many sizes in the 57s.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Redbeard77 said:
That's amazing. I didn't realize they offered that many sizes in the 57s.
Thanks! The 14 x 10 was cut from a 14 x 14 floor.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bandit said:
Thanks man. The main reason I bought the kit was the Chevrons. 57 Chevy in Red has always been one of my favourite cars. I have a bike in the same colour.
Somewhere on the web I saw a kit similar to yours where they combined the two versions of the Renown '57 into one large double-bass kit, and had custom bass drum heads made up in red with the white chevrons and silver "Gretsch" lettering. It was striking.