A Custom crash vs Sig Fulls

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Has anyone done comparisons of A or A Custom crashes to Paiste Sig fulls? More curious how the big sizes compare.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have.
Literally just did this yesterday.
I compared an 18 and a 19 A Custom to an 18 and a 20 Sig Full.
The 18 Sig Full actually blended relatively well with the 19 A Custom.
The 20 Sig Full didn't blend with either of the A Customs.
The 18 A Custom didn't blend with either of the Sigs.
I think it had more to do with these particular cymbals than anything else.
My specific 18 Sig Full plays a bit lighter than others. I think that's why it was able to blend somewhat with the larger 19 A Custom.
I don't believe I'd base purchasing decisions on this test. My A Customs are Zildjian cymbals ... i.e. they are "unique" ... in other words, it's a crap shoot for weight and lathing and such.
The interesting thing I noted about the Paiste Sig Fulls - the 20 was heavier than I had anticipated. My 18 plays much lighter than the 20 ... MUCH lighter.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Mainly I’ve been a Z guy, but I’ve considered putting togerther a Paiste set of fulls, and maybe a few others. Probably don’t need it, of course. But would be fun.

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting try a 20" Full crash for a long time.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the new Avidis 20 a lot (ride/crash) I guess, but the 20 full, is a beast

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got the 20” full and I really like it. A little different sound than my Zildjians. But actually can be very sensitive as well as loud. Keeping it for sure. Been dreaming about it for about 5 years or so, but finally took the plunge. Gonna eventually get a few things in time to pair with it.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I got the 20” full and I really like it. A little different sound than my Zildjians. But actually can be very sensitive as well as loud. Keeping it for sure. Been dreaming about it for about 5 years or so, but finally took the plunge. Gonna eventually get a few things in time to pair with it.
Thoes Paiste Full Sigs are incredible cymbals. Micd, or not, they just sound so good.
The 2002's sound ridiculously good micd. The 15 SE always sounds top notch

Latest posts