a drumset version of the Rudimental Ritual

Base

Reaction score
Ive been working on Marvin Smitty Smithsversion of the Rudimental Ritual Warm Up for many years. Its similar to the original by Alan Dawson, but I prefer it for "musical reasons" - just like its "flow" better. Over the years Ive been looking for different ways to practise it and slowly gotten together a "drumset version" of it, meaning Im orchestrating the stickings around a "normal jazz drum setup. Recently Ive videotaped it and put it up and consequenlty gotten a lot of requests for a pdf - which didnt exist but in my head ;) So Ive decided to invest the time and energy to write everything down by hand and supply it to the public. And, totally unexpected , some other guy that I dondt know personally liked it so much, that he has gifted me a computer written version which of course looks much better and is easier to read. So if youre interested you can find the download link for the pdf in the description and comments of my video here:

maybe youlll find some benefits in or use for it...

Last edited by a moderator:

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks! Definitely much food for thought there.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very impressive!

This a tremendous resource, thanks for taking the time to assemble this information and post it.