A fond goodbye

dxtr

Reaction score
After being here for quite some time and learning a lot from you guys I am leaving you all.

I am at a place where I cannot be spending money on gear. I already work at a drum shop which makes it hard but also coming here and seeing and hearing about all your beautiful gear isn't helping me with my GAS lol

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info I've been given here over the last few years and maybe I'll be back some day when I have some amount of control over my gear buying lole

Til' then i wish you all the best of luck with your future experiences, gigs, and gear purchases.

dxtr

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
Don't end your act. I don't come on here too often, but have made some great friends here. There are some cool people here, and some great ideas going on. Just pop in and out and say hi once in a while.

Slippy

a.k.a "slow feet"
Reaction score
well if thats what it takes for you to "not spend money" by not coming in here anymore then do what you gotta do. Personally i think thats kinda silly reason to leave.... but your always welcome back. Good luck

Vincent

Reaction score
No reason to leave. There's info to glean--despite the occasional drama. There's more to drumming than simply acquiring new gear constantly. Who cares what and how much others are accumulating? Gear is just gear. Drums are just a tool. We use them to make or accompany music/musicians. That's more important than how much gear one accumulates. The last cymbal I bought was over 10 years ago. The last piece of hardware (HH Pedal/stand) I bought 12 years ago. I've had the same kit for 23+ years. It's been all over and is still functioning as it did in the late 80's. (Tama Artstar II)

Hope everything works out. Again,there's more to drumming and life than just acquiring gear.

doctor dirt

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey I thought you wanted this Pearl Masters kit...............................where you going?.......... Probably" D'A' " (drums anonymous) Doc.

Titus Pullo

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not hanging here, or any gear-heavy forum, is a positive step for someone with a serious G.A.S. problem.

Best of luck to you.

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
"DXTR! COME BACK, DXTR!"

I dunno ... that just doesn't play right ...

do whatcha gotta do, dexter ... at least you're not flouncing off in a cloud of talc

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
dxtr said:
After being here for quite some time and learning a lot from you guys I am leaving you all.

I am at a place where I cannot be spending money on gear. I already work at a drum shop which makes it hard but also coming here and seeing and hearing about all your beautiful gear isn't helping me with my GAS lol

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info I've been given here over the last few years and maybe I'll be back some day when I have some amount of control over my gear buying lole

Til' then i wish you all the best of luck with your future experiences, gigs, and gear purchases.

dxtr

Is that why I don't buy anything anymore since finding this place? :scratch: come on! That's nonsense!

What's going on in this forum lately? Its a purging? Like birds fly south for the winter? Excuses given, for what they want to do anyway?

I think we are hitting a terrible boredom time in history. Some are going to get affected. Some will remain immune.

Before you can truly entertain others you must be able to entertain yourself. There is no substitute for finding happiness.

Snaffoo

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Until your next GAS attack dtxr, we'll see you then!

Pffffftt... scuse me, I have GAS too, but I'm going to stay.

cruddyeye

Associate in Charge of Something
Reaction score
I have gas, and I'm staying. Reminds me of an old joke, but the punch line is..."I have gas, but I'm going anyways". Good luck and happy travels.