A History of Zildjian Cymbals

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just got this link in a Sweetwater email. I think there are probably a few cymbal experts/historians on DFO who know and could add a lot of detail not included in this feature. But, it's a nice scaffold to build a knowledge base on.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you have time read also these:

(scroll it down)

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

(scroll it down)

"His [Avedis] fame quickly spread across the land and eventually he was given the name ‘Zildjian’ (cymbal smith) by the guildsmen of the time." Interesting!

Reactions: JDA

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

(scroll it down)

Zildjian v. Gretsch. Fascinating!

beto_drummer

Reaction score
Hello guys... I did not read all the links with information you posted here yet (I will... I will try to read it today).
All this information, makes me wonder if there is some kind of threads or links where you can read about this kind of things, and if possible, objective information, things like:
- Brands histoy and information
- Drums product history... not focusing perhaps in the brand or the model, but in the evolution of certain item (from a snare drum, to a bass drum pedal or a hi hat clutch)
- Discourse drum history in a more ¿general? way...
- Something like the patents of the products where you can learn a lot of things we sometimes don't care about.
I think lot of this is accesible by buying books... but is there any free?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello guys... I did not read all the links with information you posted here yet (I will... I will try to read it today).
All this information, makes me wonder if there is some kind of threads or links where you can read about this kind of things, and if possible, objective information, things like:
- Brands histoy and information
- Drums product history... not focusing perhaps in the brand or the model, but in the evolution of certain item (from a snare drum, to a bass drum pedal or a hi hat clutch)
- Discourse drum history in a more ¿general? way...
- Something like the patents of the products where you can learn a lot of things we sometimes don't care about.
I think lot of this is accesible by buying books... but is there any free?
```````````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:

beto_drummer

Reaction score
Wooow... more interesting stuff to read...:thumbup:
I will need a 25hs day if I continue in this forum :toothy7:
Thank you very much!

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a little in here in the opening paragraphs; the ten-year thing (ending (for Old Ks) in 1978 couple other things +/-