A list of all drum shops in the US. How many have you been to?

drums1225

Reaction score
I've been to:

Dale's Drum Shop, Harrisburg, PA (twice)
Drum Center of Portsmouth, NH (once)
Steve Maxwell's, NYC
Long Island Drum Center, Nyack, NY (once)

And these shops that, sadly, no longer exist.
Modern Drum Shop - NYC
Drummer's World - NYC

VIRTUE Drums

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
VIRTUE Drums in Jackson, Michigan

We opened our retail drum shop in September 2020, carrying our custom drums alongside a collection of refurbished drums, repair services, cymbals (Byrne, Zildjian, Paiste & Kasza), accessories (SnareWeight, Low Boy, Dragonfly, Canpous, PureSound, Fat Cat, etc.), percussion (LP, RhythmTech, Amahi, De Gregorio), hardware (Gibraltar), cases (Tackle & AHEAD), heads (Evans, Remo & Aquarian), sticks (Vic Firth, Pro Mark, Los Cabos, & Regal Tip), practice pads, books, etc.

www.VirtueDrums.com
1206 W. Michigan Ave Jackson, MI 49202

Core Creek

Reaction score
There’s Drums Etc. In Lancaster PA.

Apparently there is a small guitar/amp room, but the place is probably 80% drums and they have a good selection of new stuff. Not always the friendliest place, but I’ve found great deals in their $0.50 parts bin.

Peano

Reaction score
I'll just mention the best I ever went to, and that was Ace Music Center in Miami. Sadly, it is long gone now, but their service (and prices!) couldn't be beat.

cobaltspike

Reaction score
None of the shops I have been to are on here as I frequented them back in the 70's and 80's. Donn Bennett's Drum Studios, Bellevue Wa., Keith Purvis Drum Shop, Burien Wa., The Drum Key, North City Wa.

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We have five dedicated drum shops just in the Greater Toronto Area
Just Drums
Century Drums
Drummer’s Hangout
Drumland
Soul Drums

I am not including the full instrument
Long and McQuades
Steve’s Music
Cosmo Superstore
All three of which have excellent drum departments as well .

We are fortunate here.
Is the Toronto music scene that vibrant? Chicago where I am is a music city for sure and it has no dedicated drum shops. Chicago Music Exchange is the closest we get.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see it listed, but there's a drum shop in Columbia, SC that advertises on craigslist.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
I've only been to Resurrection, but I've bought from others. I need to check out the ones in PSL and Daytona sometime.

mikesdrums

Drummer
Reaction score
VIRTUE Drums in Jackson, Michigan

We opened our retail drum shop in September 2020, carrying our custom drums alongside a collection of refurbished drums, repair services, cymbals (Byrne, Zildjian, Paiste & Kasza), accessories (SnareWeight, Low Boy, Dragonfly, Canpous, PureSound, Fat Cat, etc.), percussion (LP, RhythmTech, Amahi, De Gregorio), hardware (Gibraltar), cases (Tackle & AHEAD), heads (Evans, Remo & Aquarian), sticks (Vic Firth, Pro Mark, Los Cabos, & Regal Tip), practice pads, books, etc.

www.VirtueDrums.com
1206 W. Michigan Ave Jackson, MI 49202
Added!

KevinD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let's See:

Maxwell's NYC
LI Drum Center-Long Island
LI Drum Center-NYACK
Drum Den Hoboken
Rupps Denver
Fork's Nashville
Pro Drum Hollywood.
I feel kind of stupid that I neglected to mention a great drum shop from my home area.

CHBO drums New Paltz NY, run by drummer/recording studio builder Chris Bowman

Excellent vintage selection, probably the most Camcos I've ever seen in one spot (including Pro Drum)
Lots of Gretsch as well. He knows his stuff. Also sells a wide selection of new and vintage cymbals.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A whopping 3.
Rudy’s Drum Shop
West Coast Drums
Arizona Drum Shop

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Indiana/Indy area the Chops store listed is VERY limited for drumset and cymbal selection. They are a substore of Paige's Music Store which is the school band supplier for most of central Indiana. Chops is really just a large(ish) room inside the Paige's Store with a drum appealing name. Their big focus is more in the Marching/Drum Corps area. Last time I was in Indy and you wanted Drums and Cymbals it was either GC or Sam Ash. There used to be a decent IRC store, but I didn't see it the last time I drove by the area.

Now if it is just sticks and "toys" you need, Chops is fully stocked.

Fortunately for me Sweetwater is only 15 minutes away. Bigger and Better selections even if they don't have the display room for it all.
Rumor has it that they are remodeling and the showroom area is about to get a lot bigger for everything.

mikesdrums

Drummer
Reaction score
... Chops is really just a large(ish) room inside the Paige's Store with a drum appealing name ...
Thanks for the heads up. I removed Chops, but I'll probably go back and create another list that includes all the suggestions for stores that aren't really stand-alone, percussion-only, showroom-with-regular-hours drum shops.