A Little Concerned About a Neil Peart Statue

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, let me start by saying that I fully support the idea of honoring the late great Neil Peart with a statue or other artistic tributes at "Lakeside Park," the beautiful location he wrote a song about in his hometown -- St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada.

Maybe it's just me, but the clay model of a statue one talented Canadian artist has proposed strikes me as close, but not quite there in terms of capturing the essence of the Professor.

I applaud the artist ... If this was a musician I didn't have such a strong mental image of, it probably wouldn't matter ... Anyway, take a look and let us know what you think.

E767E0D0-F3E3-41A5-ABA3-7E9AC0702BE1.jpeg

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So, let me start by saying that I fully support the idea of honoring the late great Neil Peart with a statue or other artistic tributes at "Lakeside Park," the beautiful location he wrote a song about in his hometown -- St. Catherines, Ontario, Canada.

Maybe it's just me, but the clay model of a statue one talented Canadian artist has proposed strikes me as close, but not quite there in terms of capturing the essence of the Professor.

I applaud the artist ... If this was a musician I didn't have such a strong mental image of, it probably wouldn't matter ... Anyway, take a look and let us know what you think.

View attachment 483316
The sculptor doesn’t know how to hold a drumstick.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
The resemblance could definitely be better, not that it isn't a skillful sculpture. Just looks a bit older and scrawnier than it seems it should. Still, it's an ambitious sculpture, and certainly not easy to sculpt the drums, hardware and cymbals themselves. I'll have to go check it out once it's completed.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an observation and bear with me on this and don't take offense.

I've since high school been a huge JRR Tolkien fan, read all his books multiple times and was a big D&D geek so when the LoTR movies came out me and my geek buddy and our wives went to see them on opening nights. Must have been miserable for our wives because we basically just heckled the movies because of their "hollywood" departures from the actual story.

We were JRRT geeks, we knew all of the little details and bastardization took away from the "art" of the movies for us.

Seeing that a little bit here. And I don't mean that in a bad way, just an observation.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
be-bop
Face is better tho looks semi optimistic which is about par

ian.thomas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They need to get this guy to do it - serious talent and attention to detail >>>