A little inspiration for us old guys

HoorayGuy

Reaction score
lol @ the girl near the back dancing and clapping with no rhythm. At least she seems to be having as good time. Bless her heart.

REF

Reaction score
Christian Galvez is just phenomenal. That was one the coolest bass solos I've ever seen.

There's a gig he did with Damien Schmitt, and Jorge Vera (piano), on YT that is alarmingly mind-blowing.

Cobham, though, still cranking it out. It is unbelievable how many young players do not even know who he is or how what they do was influenced by his artistry 40 years ago. I saw him a couple times back then. Jaw dropping stuff.

REF

Reaction score
I watched this last night. This may be the most ferocious solo I have seen him play - 1974

It is difficult for younger players to watch him today and understand the impact he had on the drumming world but, watch this through and when you pick your jaw up off the floor (for those into that type of soloing) you'll have a better insight into how he literally shocked the entire music world, along with the Mahavishnu Orchestra, back then. In this video he is playing with his own band, post M.O.