a little o.t. Need more BASS

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I knew a bassist who had an extension on his upright bass so that he could hit the lowest audible note.
When he drew a bow across that string, the first sound you heard was not the bass, but the windows of the room vibrating with a rattle.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
I knew a bassist who had an extension on his upright bass so that he could hit the lowest audible note.
When he drew a bow across that string, the first sound you heard was not the bass, but the windows of the room vibrating with a rattle.
:headbang: YES!!!!!

(Thanks for the reminder)
I was doing a church gig years ago and the sound guys had the bass really cranked during a rehearsal. I was FEELING it and watching the windows at the back of the sanctuary shaking from it. THAT WAS FUN!!! Then someone turned it down. :crybaby:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's an incredibly cool video! My little sub stopped working at around 40hz. At that point, all I could hear was the beautiful upper harmonics as that bow was drawn across those massive strings.

That's a testimony to the fact that ever since we've had music-making, humans have loved hearing bass notes. But I never imagined that notes that low (16hz!!!!!) could be produced by a string. That's thunder territory.

GeeDeeEmm

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
What is it with all the super huge instrument videos I've been running across lately?...….

Last edited:

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
We saw that a few years ago. So cool. I highly recommend visiting the MIM if you're ever in Phoenix/Scottsdale. We easily spent 3 or 4 hours there and still felt rushed to see it all.

Attachments