A little Ringo with Robbie Robertson

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Carmen and the devil would 've preferred Robertson on the original Telecaster , but yeah ... oh yeah . Thanks .

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Larkin Poe is really a great duet. They backed Elvis Costello when I saw him at the Ace a few years ago.
Saw them in Reno this spring.
Been following for the last few years.
Great duo,the rest of their band,bass and drums,were ok,the girls were excellent.!

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Playing for Change makes some great videos, this one is really nice.
Ringo's playing is spot on, I notice this thread has been avoided by the usual haters that say he can't play anymore.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Playing for Change makes some great videos, this one is really nice.
Ringo's playing is spot on, I notice this thread has been avoided by the usual haters that say he can't play anymore.
Are you antagonizing “us” to come on? Perhaps just be grateful that you have your little Ringo Starr circle jerk in peace, because the is nothing exceptional about this drumming. Just Starkey playing what he always plays. Helm was a 100 times the drummer Starr ever was.

He was given this spot because of his brand, not his drumming ability. If this was some no name guy playing with Robinson half you guys would be saying: “WTF, he missed all the bass drum hick-up!! That is very un-tasty”.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are you antagonizing “us” to come on? Perhaps just be grateful that you have your little Ringo Starr circle jerk in peace, because the is nothing exceptional about this drumming. Just Starkey playing what he always plays. Helm was a 100 times the drummer Starr ever was.

He was given this spot because of his brand, not his drumming ability. If this was some no name guy playing with Robinson half you guys would be saying: “WTF, he missed all the bass drum hick-up!! That is very un-tasty”.
Please post a video of you playing this song exactly like Ringo. Then we can discuss "exceptional".

Thank you.

mesazoo

Reaction score
I think Ringo wisely opted to not mimic Levon. For that recording his approach was fine.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
You know, it would be Ringo, to pull something like this off. It's appropriate

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

It's you and other shidt squad members that do the antagonizing, to me and many here, you ain't nuthin' and you don't know nuthin' (no offense)

Latest posts