A little Ringo with Robbie Robertson

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's you and other shidt squad members that do the antagonizing, to me and many here, you ain't nuthin' and you don't know nuthin' (no offense)
Ok buddy, did you text this from recess? Carry on and be careful what you wish for next time.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Thank you for posting this. While I expected to like it, I was surprised just how nice that was to watch.

Let me say, Ringo as a drummer has typically frustrated me in two ways.

1) His trademark feel sounds so good and seems so simple, and yet, just try to cop it! You can't! (Or at least I can't...)

2) As someone frustrated by #1, how I've longed to see modern day filming techniques used close-up on his work, just so I could study the movements that make for that groove, with no other drummers behind him adding to the sound. Such samples are frustratingly low in number.

So, as I say, this was fine work by all, and very gratifying finally to watch Ringo do his thing. Not that it's improved my playing any :)

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
Ok buddy, did you text this from recess? Carry on and be careful what you wish for next time.
Why should I be careful? I don't text, I haven't had recess since the 1950's, say what you mean, if you know what you mean.

Last edited:

BlackPearl

Reaction score
Larkin Poe is really a great duet. They backed Elvis Costello when I saw him at the Ace a few years ago.
My intro to Larkin Poe was this video of them guesting with Fairport Convention at their annual Cropredy festival, with the great Richard Thompson on guitar. Great stuff. Also some fine "folk drumming" from Dave Mattacks !

Whitten

Reaction score
Incredible video. It hit me where it hurts, especially in the midst of this Brexit disaster. I've done more traveling to play music in the past couple of years than I've done in a long time, and to less traveled locations for 'pop' musicians, like Romania, Ukraine, Malaysia and India. In truth, people have waaaay more in common than divides us. And it's humbling how so many people globally are touched by the music of America (with it's roots in Africa).
Robertson and Ringo were no brainers for this, as they are the performers who spark interest and debate, drawing most people to this charity org. Ringo plays superbly for me. Again, he even plays several fills on odd bars, not on the 8th bar or 16th.
All around great stuff!!!!