A n g r y

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you realize that grammar affects how people think of you and the level of intelligence you possess .
I know I’ve drawn my conclusion.
Good day .
Your pencil is dull and you owe points on an I.Q. scale.

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "dull pencil" comment was made to me by my sister that 's in reference to me "drawing" a conclusion about her. In response, I told her that on an I.O. scale, hers was so low she owed points. I even offered to finance some.

Stefanie.

Reaction score
No , there is actually nothing worse than someone who makes a long post , who thinks they have a lot to say. Doesn’t realize how absolutely hard it is to read .
I’ll forgive a misspelling , a little punctuation.
But good lord your post Is impossible to read .....
I’m sorry if it was a bit difficult to read. I read it multiple times and I thought it was fine though :/ If you weren’t able to read it then you could have just ignored it... I would have been fine with that. But, thanks for the feedback?

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry if it was a bit difficult to read. I read it multiple times and I thought it was fine though :/ If you weren’t able to read it then you could have just ignored it... I would have been fine with that. But, thanks for the feedback?
I like to read everything in here , so the old just scroll past argument is lame ; especially in a like minded community.
I wish people who don’t know how to type so it’s readable would quit being so lazy .
Rant over ...

Stefanie.

Reaction score
I believe you'll do great with you have. Commit and you'll succeed! My very first kit didn't have any cymbals, just the drums. It was back in 1963. I cleaned bricks for re-use for a year to buy those Radio King drums. I was eight. Used trashcan lids or cardboard for cymbals. In my head they were high-end. In my head they were the best. Another year of cleaning bricks got me a premium Medium ride, light crash, heavy crash and a pair of 15 inch hats. You're pursuing an education on your drums. Treat your education as a business. You're in the business of learning. It's currency is time. The more you invest, the more you'll gain. Dump the phone, video games, hanging out and especially boyfriends. They're too expensive in time. It's called sacrifice. Like it or not, Jazz will give you the best foundation. A jazz drummer will break into any genre, not the other way around. I guarantee it. Time is the most important commodity, manage it well. I have total faith in you!
Whoa! It looks like you’ve really made it a long way. Cleaning bricks to buy a new drum set when you’re eight and using trash can lids or cardboard for cymbals.. I’d say that must have been tough, but it is quite impressive. I’m not going to overlook what I have anymore, I’m gonna work with what I’ve got. As for time management, I struggle with that but I want to use my time properly so I’m going to try real hard on that! I’ll certainly look into playing Jazz as well. I am sure it’ll do me good. Thanks again for the advice! This is all very motivating. I’ll remember this :)

Stefanie.

Reaction score
I like to read everything in here , so the old just scroll past argument is lame ; especially in a like minded community.
I wish people who don’t know how to type so it’s readable would quit being so lazy .
Rant over ...
Uhh, look, I’m sorry again. It’s not that I’m so lazy that I don’t want to type correctly, it’s just that I didn’t care enough. When I was typing that paragraph, I wasn’t focused on the grammar, I was focused on how I was feeling at the moment. My feelings got the best of me and I probably should have been considering the grammar. Of course, if this were an English class or something I’d be using proper grammar but this isn’t an English class so I wasn’t too concerned with it. I’ll think about this next time I try to write another paragraph. I apologize once again. Have a good day.

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa! It looks like you’ve really made it a long way. Cleaning bricks to buy a new drum set when you’re eight and using trash can lids or cardboard for cymbals.. I’d say that must have been tough, but it is quite impressive. I’m not going to overlook what I have anymore, I’m gonna work with what I’ve got. As for time management, I struggle with that but I want to use my time properly so I’m going to try real hard on that! I’ll certainly look into playing Jazz as well. I am sure it’ll do me good. Thanks again for the advice! This is all very motivating. I’ll remember this :)
DON"T READ THIS IF YOU'RE A GRAMMAR NAZI!! Steph, It was relatively easy! I lived on the wrong side of the tracks and the wrong side of the freeway. It was drugs, booze and crime. 12 year-old dead-beat invisible fathers and even more dead-beat invisible mothers. Zero futures. Plenty of living and dead examples in my immediate family of what NOT to be. It's 'normal' to this day. Not for me! I gave myself a simple goal and lived a life directed at getting it filled. I don't wanna be a famous drummer, I just wanna be good at what I do on the drums. I live that way to this day. What's impressive to me is a mindset willing to accept and continue to live in such a lousy environment! It was an easy and complete healing process for me to be comfortable sitting behind a drumkit. YOU MUST BE COMFORTABLE first and foremost between the ears, your brain. Overcome and assimilate with you have. Everybody else's don't count. It never will. Those who think that way will always be limited to doing YouTube covers at best and never excel with what is their persona on the drums. Everybody's doing the same thing. Bash'n and crash'n. No style, no character, no soul. You're the captain of your drumming ship. You decide where you wanna go. You decide how you're gonna make it with what you have. You decide how difficult or easy it will be to chart that course. TIME is EVERYTHING! This is YOU and ALL YOU. Don't let anyone or thing say no to what you wanna be. You will always win access in any genre with a great Jazz foundation, not the other way around. DUMP the stinking time-sucking, energy-stealing, mind-polluting boyfriends! Sacrifice always wins. Know the difference between a good drummer and lousy drummer? A good drummer has a passion at what THEY are doing, not somebody else. Sweet dreams, sweet memories and drum-on Girl! Put those dudes and doubters to shame!

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhh, look, I’m sorry again. It’s not that I’m so lazy that I don’t want to type correctly, it’s just that I didn’t care enough. When I was typing that paragraph, I wasn’t focused on the grammar, I was focused on how I was feeling at the moment. My feelings got the best of me and I probably should have been considering the grammar. Of course, if this were an English class or something I’d be using proper grammar but this isn’t an English class so I wasn’t too concerned with it. I’ll think about this next time I try to write another paragraph. I apologize once again. Have a good day.
Ignore the stinking Grammar Nazis! We ain't writing War & Peace! Drum away at the keyboard!

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not the matter of grammar nazi ,
we are part of a community.
And by participating in here you are
contributing to our community.
You are not an island unto yourself.
If you insist on typing like 3rd graders
it makes it tough for us to engage with you .
I could care less if you misspell a few words
, leave out a comma etc .
Do you really not understand or care how hard it is to read a run on paragraph ?

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would get a Yamaha before a pearl kit. I’ve never liked pearl. Hate tube style mounts. Don’t really care for the lugs. I’ve played some that sounded great even the lower lines. Myself tho prefer Yamaha over the pearl.

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I've stated previously to YOU. Don't read it! In any community there are the 'Oddballs', so what? Get a life. I'm but a drop in the ocean. I'll give you the last word.

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would get a Yamaha before a pearl kit. I’ve never liked pearl. Hate tube style mounts. Don’t really care for the lugs. I’ve played some that sounded great even the lower lines. Myself tho prefer Yamaha over the pearl.
Steph's got what she got. She's gonna make those Pearls great no matter what. Looks don't matter, her drum's sound matter. What you, I or anybody else would've, could've or should've doesn't matter. They're hers and she's gonna get a ton of bang out of them for her buck. Guarantee it. In my opinion, she made an infallible choice. Those drums are gonna teach what no school could ever. I hear your point, I really do. Let's support her choice, let's allow her to establish her percussive roots regardless of soil she chooses.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stefanie, everything already said about making what you have work for you is true. Nothing wrong with a used Pearl Export. (I started on a new Tama Swingstar in 1985 and thought it was the best. It was all I could afford. It got me thru 4 years of live gigs and nobody complained about the sound.)

But what happens as you progress is that you start to notice differences between brands. Different sound, more effective hardware, lighter weight, maybe even a finish/look you prefer. This can and often leads you to switching around. Do it enough and you become a 'drum addict'. Which many of us here on DFO are. I know I is one after 35 years of playing drums. I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a thing!

Having played many drum kits, and running the drum department for almost 17 years, I will say that there are certainly drum companies that make excellent kits in all price categories, and especially in the entry to semi-professional level. One of those is Yamaha. As a semi-pro player myself I would play any Yamaha kit [with one exception, the GigMaker that I found inferior]. My favorite cheap kit was an old Rydeen I bought used for $100. So keep the Stage Custom in the back of your mind.

Finally, there's a saying that if you don't like the sound of an instrument you're not going to WANT to practice with it often. If you really dislike the sound of the cymbals, and you can afford to, consider replacing the ones you don't like with a better sounding cymbal;. As already mentioned there are a lot of used cymbals available for cheap prices these days.

Good luck, have fun, make the kit your own. And I advocate hitting the drums if you're angry. It's a healthy way to release aggression...
Stretch