A Nice Surprise!

DolFan54

Camco Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many here know we are rebuilding our home due to a fire. It’s been a long hard road with many emotional turns with the worst being the completely unexpected suicide of my wife’s brother back in February.

Back in the planning stages my contractor told me of this huge void in the wall between the shower in the master & the main hallway. It was either make the already large shower into an OMG large shower or build an open cabinet in the hallway. It’s right off the kitchen so we decided to make an open cabinet in the hallway.

We weren’t sure what it was going to be until it was framed . I discovered two snare drums sitting side by side fit perfectly.

It’s not painted yet but here it is!
562001B1-682F-4589-8F0F-3A1C7C564C40.jpeg
973138FA-508D-4E6F-9D4D-77A7B68B3A2C.jpeg
DB833A04-EB9B-4AB4-9D1F-C5F9B4B7E6B6.jpeg

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
First and foremost most sorry to hear about your brother in law and your house. Glad to see ya getting back on your feet. Second applaud your wife for allowing a gorgeous open cabinet snare display lol.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is very cool! And a huge congrats on having such a loving spouse to enable your journey. And I know the feeling. It's great. I am sorry to hear of your families multiple tragedies Steven.

gdaileda

Reaction score
Do you think you might have to take into consideration the warm, moist air coming from the nearby bathroom? Just a thought.

Joe61

Reaction score
As many here know we are rebuilding our home due to a fire. It’s been a long hard road with many emotional turns with the worst being the completely unexpected suicide of my wife’s brother back in February.

Back in the planning stages my contractor told me of this huge void in the wall between the shower in the master & the main hallway. It was either make the already large shower into an OMG large shower or build an open cabinet in the hallway. It’s right off the kitchen so we decided to make an open cabinet in the hallway.

We weren’t sure what it was going to be until it was framed . I discovered two snare drums sitting side by side fit perfectly.

It’s not painted yet but here it is! View attachment 505041 View attachment 505042 View attachment 505043
that is very nice. may i suggest a couple of down lights and a full glass door. a snare curio cabinet if you will.

DolFan54

Camco Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is very nice. may i suggest a couple of down lights and a full glass door. a snare curio cabinet if you will.
It’s actually being lighted from the hallway ceiling on a light on a gimbal. I wanted to put a glass door on it but the wife said no. I’m not gonna push that as I’m lucky enough to to have the cabinet.

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There are many ways around the word "no"........I have been married 36 years and still haven't found it. That is the nicest display of snare drums I have seen.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a great display. Your wife has excellent taste. I don't see any particular use for a glass door either. My wife, and I'm gonna guess here and say most women, have an OCD streak when it comes to decoration the house. Just for fun move some snares to different shelves and see if she notices.

Redbeard77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The only problem I see is that it's full. In my case, I'd be able to say, "Honey, I know you can't stand all that empty space. I'll buy a few more snares so it will look right."