A Plumber's Nightmare

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
20190110_175727.jpg
20190110_175752.jpg

Well,no gigs in the horizon so its time to create!
14x20 Gretsch 6 ply shell with Ludwig lugs and mount,originally silver,now ginger ale.
A Slingerland 8x12,a 60s,3 ply,blue sparkle
A 15" Rogers big R,5 ply fltm,NE white
A Boomtheory 5.5x13,6 ply roundovers,DC hoops,blue silk,crackles and pops!
These sizes get me juices flowin again.
12-3ply,15-5 ply,20-6 ply,so fun and the Tama/Slingy mount works great!
Would i be ashamed to play these out?
Not one bit,Rock on!

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I always think you guys who play totally mismatched kits have guts that I don’t have. I know it’s silly since they are all just drums, but I want my drums to match and look good! But the most important thing is what you said - they inspire you to play! Enjoy!

levelpebble

Reaction score
I am intrigued by your clever use of the tama holder for the slingerland tom. Everyone rightly claims disdain for the original setomatic double tom holder - no manueverability, toms too far apart, etc.

I just picked up a 70's two up M-stamp Slingerland kit to restore, came with no double setomatic arm. I'm going to have to be creative like you've shown, at least to see if it can be done w/o mods. Is the set-lock there to help secure the Tama-to-Slingerland transition? I assume the Tama arm is too small by itself to clamp the tom?

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am intrigued by your clever use of the tama holder for the slingerland tom. Everyone rightly claims disdain for the original setomatic double tom holder - no manueverability, toms too far apart, etc.

I just picked up a 70's two up M-stamp Slingerland kit to restore, came with no double setomatic arm. I'm going to have to be creative like you've shown, at least to see if it can be done w/o mods. Is the set-lock there to help secure the Tama-to-Slingerland transition? I assume the Tama arm is too small by itself to clamp the tom?
I just tried to see if it'd work and it did!
The memory lock just happened to be on the L arm.

Seb77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
the most important thing is what you said - they inspire you to play! Enjoy!
I remember back then a gig at our musis school where I happened to use a mismatched Sonor kit with 12/15 lite toms and an 18" Phonic bass drum, along with a Ludwig 400 snare. One of the most inspired gigs I had (kit wasn't the only factor, but it didn't hurt a bit).

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys
And thanks Larry for helping me complete the kit!

Last edited: