A quick transformation, and why it wasn't worth it....

mike17

Reaction score
To this...... The client was unhappy with how it turned out, (he dropped it on a Friday and wanted to pick it up on the Monday). I mean, I understand it's not a museum piece but all things considered I think it turned out really well for rushing it through on a weekend.

Attachments

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd also be interested to know what the client expected. Looks like a fine job to me, perfect for displaying.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
He thought it would become a DW, perhaps????

Nice job. I'd be very pleased.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That looks wonderful. Can't believe the guy wouldn't be happy, and can't imagine he had any reasonable expectations. What'd he say?

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Beautiful work. What were they expecting?

I would assume that this is either destined for display piece (probably in a restaurant) or will be topped with glass and become a coffee table so how nice does it have to be?

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Count me in as being stunned the client wasn't happy. A superb resoration!

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice job, although, if you refinished it, is that what he was disappointed about? If he's sad about your job I'd think back to the communication prior to the job being taken on. If he didn't communicate anything specifically, then maybe he just didn't like your bill.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
mike17 said:
To this...... The client was unhappy with how it turned out, (he dropped it on a Friday and wanted to pick it up on the Monday). I mean, I understand it's not a museum piece but all things considered I think it turned out really well for rushing it through on a weekend.
My opinion is that the client is an unrealistic and unappreciative fool.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Great job, especially for 2 days! What the heck does the guy want? Bonus is the great head repair! That would be a red flag for me -
"I want it Monday!"

What does the inside look like??

retrosonic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Mike: You did a GREAT job on that drum. I'm super impressed. That client is a fool to not be happy with your job on this.

cutaway79

Reaction score
That drum looks WAY better. What was that dude expecting? Maybe he was just complaining in the hopes that you would give him a discount, or not charge him at all. I've heard/read about a lot of people doing this crap to get free products/services. Even if nothing is actually wrong, they will whine and moan and make stuff up (and sometimes demand to speak to a manager) until they get a discount. It's like an actual tactic that only the cheapest of the cheap @$$holes use. Some of them actually brag about it, like they've "beaten the system" or something. Total lowlife nonsense.