A Thank You To My Brothers & Sisters @ DFO

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have never been so blessed or humbled in my entire life as I am right now. Friends and family is one thing, but the members of DFO are just something else, in a class all by themselves. If this accident had happened, 'on-the-job' the Fire Dept. would have stepped in with some kind of formal drive to help my son with any financial obligations he may have. I was 'trying' to sell off a couple of my snares so I could put a chunk of change into my daughter-in-laws hands and just say; 'Here, use it any way you need to.' That's what families are for.

Then I found out about what all you monkeys were up to and it just floored me. I have wept over it several times already and I'm getting all misty as I write this now. I am so moved by this gesture, that it just reduces me to blubbering tears. How do I say thank you to strangers who are stepping in to help my son and my family in a time of great pain and stress for us.

The support and camaraderie that I have been getting from all my friends at DFO has helped -me- to get through this Hell week I'm trapped in. Your notes of support, Bongo and all you guys pitching in like this to help my son, lifted my head and my heart out of a very dark place. I am so upset and worried for my son. I'm his father, that's natural I should feel that way. But coming here and reading your notes and seeing the fund drive for James has helped me so very much that again I cannot find words to express my deep gratitude for you guys just 'being there' for me.

You guys all make me feel so good, it's hard for me to feel bad.

On behalf of myself, my son, James and our entire family, I want to say Thank You for all you continue to do for me and for them.

If you just look inside, you'll find the Treasure trove of reward for your kindness to me and mine.

I really do love you guys...

John

vintagemore2000

DFO Master
Reaction score
John, your one of us and it's all for one, and one for all, Their are no words necessary from you sir, The DFO is your family and your family is part of us, as all our members are!!! Gods speed! :icon_smile:

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Where's the "Like" button when you need it....glad we could help out

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
This is a great forum...and most everyone here that I have met possess good hearts. Keep strong and have faith and know that we are here for your support.

Joeyboom

De. Drum Show Feb. TBA 2018
Reaction score
Damn Im late to the party here as I just returned from a weekend of gigs. . .. What happened?

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
And we'd do it again for you in a heartbeat. Let us know how it goes tomorrow John. Sending the good vibes to you and James.

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
John, let's just hope his recovery is quick & complete. The money's just a little help in a tough time--no biggie.......marko

blkcortex79

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
John, I'm glad that even though we have never met, I could express my feelings as a human being, to be able to reach out and help when a fellow human being's family was in need.
Wishing your son a healthy and speedy recovery.

John

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
This something I just wrote to Mike in a pm. I thought I'd share it with you guys because it is true.

'The support I've been getting from you guys is what is keeping my ship afloat right now. If it wasn't for you guys, I'd be fighting off a mighty depression all by myself.'

That's gut-level honest truth.

John

Concrete Pete

Reaction score
NorCal-- Paradise, CA. up in the Sierra nevada Mou
Hey John,

If you weren't such a good person, all the help and support wouldn't have happened.

Face it- despite the fact that (sometimes) bad things happen to good people, those good people get rewarded for being such good souls, ya dig?
It's pretty obvious by now- when you're good (and do good) it comes back to you.

All the best to you & yours, good brother! :occasion5:

Seems that "big drummer in the sky" might be taking care of ya, huh? :wink:

Cheers,
C. P.

tbart16

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Instead of just pissin the the money why not give it to a needy cause! LOL I love this place! Good Luck we are keeping you in our prayers

Tom

drumhead

Jer-ry! Jer-ry!
Reaction score
We should never miss a change to kick depression in the cajones (and I don't mean the ported wooden boxes).

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
There's like three of these threads going at the same time, I'll post updates in whichever one is still current and at the top of the section.

Thank you all again for your very kind words and very much appreciated support.

John

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
"He who would have friends must show himself to be friendly," a wise man once said. That would be you, John. Everybody here knows that you have a heart for other people---that's what makes this a no-brainer.