A video of my EAD10 in action

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this recording and video I did using my SC kit with my EAD10. All the sound you hear is from the EAD10. I'm using the factory Studio REV scene. Interesting, as you would think, the further a cymbal or drum gets from the pick up unit, the less it is in the mix. I used the Rec 'n Share app to record this. Nice little handy tool. This song I'm doing is an original from my old singer form the 70's son. And yes, I've copped "that fill" from "In the Air Tonight". Actually twice. I used this as a preliminary for a multitrack version for Jon. Once he give's me a green light, I'll record it on Studio 1.5.

Also used is the Gretsch 4160 COB main snare (5x14) and the Ming Pure fiberglass side snare (6.5x14).

gbow

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love my EAD10. For a 4 piece kit and a smaller gig, it's awesome.

I modified a lot of the presets and have even built a preset for every song in some shows.

One thing I don't like about the factory presets is they all have different output levels. So you can't switch factory presets in a show without messing with the sound guy.

When I create presets for a show I make sure the output levels for each preset match. That way it gives a consistent level to the sound guy.

gabo

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice playing!
I used one for a little overa14 months, although I owned it for almost 2 years.
I had some good experiences, and some awful ones.
It will make a bad kit sound ok, and a great kit sound ok.
It's easy to sync up drums, and music (great feature). However, if using IOS, the Rec n Share app is known to cause problems.
I can go on, and on. Show good examples, and bad ones.
If you haven't gotten the extend warranty, and still have the option, it's worth it. It saved me anyway.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with it!