Aaaaw man! I'm feelin' GAS-y again...

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just got back from my local drumshop and tried a 135th anniversary Broadkaster mahoganny snare. Sorry the pics are from some other store's website, I had too much fun playing and didn't even think about whipping out the cell to snap pics. That is the danger of stting foot in a shop instead of ordering off a site. There are always shinny new toys to lure you into wringing the old wallet.

Anyhooo, it sounds awesome. I'm affraid I might just by-pass the voice of reason and find excuses to get back there in the very near future.
IMG_6953_e9f5e330-38ce-4906-8f70-dcff38658e9b_1920x~2.jpg
IMG_6956_1920x~3.jpg
IMG_6955_8b06d857-f529-4322-9935-12cad50b4a7a_1920x~2.jpg

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is that a Snare Drum or freaking Architecture

incredibly Gorgeous

meant to be played ? or just Glass cased in the foyer for Guests to oogle. I love it.
I'm not one for glass case ogling...

I'd definitely play that sucker.

I missed my window for getting back ther this afternoon because I was late for a gig in my regular singing function...
20210220_154401_HDR.jpg

But come monday this snare might just become mine...

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not one for glass case ogling...

I'd definitely play that sucker.

I missed my window for getting back ther this afternoon because I was late for a gig in my regular singing function...
View attachment 486081

But come monday this snare might just become mine...
I know drums are different than guitars, but I remember getting my hands on s near mint ‘58 Gibson Flying V in Korina. Gorgeous, it was a case queen. And after playing it, it should never leave the case. It played like dog “mess”.

Instruments are MEANT to be played.

You have great taste in instruments. Pop a Rolaids and get that mofo!!!!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I know drums are different than guitars, but I remember getting my hands on s near mint ‘58 Gibson Flying V in Korina. Gorgeous, it was a case queen. And after playing it, it should never leave the case. It played like dog “mess”.

Instruments are MEANT to be played.

You have great taste in instruments. Pop a Rolaids and get that mofo!!!!
58 Korina Flying V???? Now there's a marvelous plank!!! It's a shame it wasn't played, but you still could have gotten it to "open up" sonnically, there are ways. You don't happen to own it still, do ya?

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
58 Korina Flying V???? Now there's a marvelous plank!!! It's a shame it wasn't played, but you still could have gotten it to "open up" sonnically, there are ways. You don't happen to own it still, do ya?
Never owned it. One of my dealer buddies owned it. A cheesy, stick-on pony tailed action movie star owns it, now.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got back from my local drumshop and tried a 135th anniversary Broadkaster mahoganny snare. Sorry the pics are from some other store's website, I had too much fun playing and didn't even think about whipping out the cell to snap pics. That is the danger of stting foot in a shop instead of ordering off a site. There are always shinny new toys to lure you into wringing the old wallet.

Anyhooo, it sounds awesome. I'm affraid I might just by-pass the voice of reason and find excuses to get back there in the very near future.
View attachment 485891 View attachment 485892 View attachment 485893
My. my, my... easily one of the nicest looking drums I've looked uppn.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You’re warm...
I'm affraid I've exhausted my vast knowledge of pony tailed action movie stars.

Unless... no, it couldn't be... The world just isn't worthy Chuck Norris shredding it out on a Flying V ... It would disrupt the space-time continuum.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm affraid I've exhausted my vast knowledge of pony tailed action movie stars.

Unless... no, it couldn't be... The world just isn't worthy Chuck Norris shredding it out on a Flying V ... It would disrupt the space-time continuum.
It actually is. Just saying his name could bring out the worst case of the narps ever!

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No... Impossible... My brain cannot process the sheer awesomeness of this image: Chuck playing a V. This is a Narp of the first order! I can now die in peace knowing that in this narped-up world, this happened.
I meant Segall. NARP!

Chuck Norris with a V would out do the Narpiness of Chuck and Christy Brinkley doing that terrible infomercial about an overpriced home workout machine. I watched for three reasons: awesomeness of Chuck, the wonkiness of the machine, and Christy Brinkley in workout attire!