Aaaaw man! I'm feelin' GAS-y again...

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant Segall. NARP!

Chuck Norris with a V would out do the Narpiness of Chuck and Christy Brinkley doing that terrible infomercial about an overpriced home workout machine. I watched for three reasons: awesomeness of Chuck, the wonkiness of the machine, and Christy Brinkley in workout attire!
I have a Total Gym. It works great. I can even get the wife to use it some. And, yes Christy Brinkley is still gorgeous.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
@DamnSingerAlsoDrums You need to relyricize “Sexual Healing” by Marvin Gaye about this drum. She is THAT fine!
Damn good idea!! Gotta buy a wah-wah pedal first cause I don't have one tho...

She plays as good as she looks too. I'm pissed at myself because I just made a full "video" review and sound demo and everything, only to find out that my phone was in the photo setting all along. And now it is past the hour where I promised the neighbors I'd stop playing drums. But I'll definitely get back at it tomorrow

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of wood-finished drums — except for mahogany! For some reason mahogany-finished drums have always tickled me in areas that should probably remain un-tickled in a man of my age.

CONGRATULATIONS, IT'S GORGEOUS!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of wood-finished drums — except for mahogany! For some reason mahogany-finished drums have always tickled me in areas that should probably remain un-tickled in a man of my age.

CONGRATULATIONS, IT'S GORGEOUS!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks a lot :salute:

And here's an interesting piece of trivia about this particular snare:

A customer of this shop had ordered a USA Custom kit with matching snare, when his kit arrived from the Ridgeland factory, one of the snare's lugs was offset by about 1/4 of an inch. The customer was pissed so the snare was sent back. Gretsch then shipped this 135th aniv. Broadkaster as a replacement, probably due to a clerical error on their part. And instead of sending this one back as well, the shop owner bought it to put on sale.

The thing is, every 135th aniversary Broadkaster snare came out from the factory with 301 hoops, except this one that came from Ridgeland with 302's. So not only ils it gorgeous, it is also unique...

Last edited:

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that it had stick-choppers. To me that seems more old-school than L-hoops and clips, since stick-choppers weren't around that long before they morphed into triple-flange hoops.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I noticed that it had stick-choppers. To me that seems more old-school than L-hoops and clips, since stick-choppers weren't around that long before they morphed into triple-flange hoops.
I agree, and they will match the 302's on my Broadkaster set as well.

Haven't been playing them long enough to be annoyed at their stick-chopping properties but I've always liked the looks of 302's. Cleaner, somewhat classier than their counterparts.

foxy_shazamtastic

Reaction score
I agree, and they will match the 302's on my Broadkaster set as well.

Haven't been playing them long enough to be annoyed at their stick-chopping properties but I've always liked the looks of 302's. Cleaner, somewhat classier than their counterparts.
The new ones don’t chop sticks the same as the old ones. They are thicker. The old ones were thinner and sharper at the edge.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Re Gas, tell me about it. In the last 2 months, I purchased these three guitars ... Beautiful snare BTW.

View attachment 486463 View attachment 486464
Nice pieces.

Of course you can store about 100 guitars in the space of two set up drum kits, if not more! It’s very easy to end up with ten. “Gee, I think I need a Tele... gee, I need a bass boat sparkle Tele... ooh- never had a Les Paul and this one is just right...”

It’s a disease that could easily take hold, Dan.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Re Gas, tell me about it. In the last 2 months, I purchased these three guitars ... Beautiful snare BTW.

View attachment 486463 View attachment 486464
Nice guitars ! Being a guitarist first, I've had bad periods of GAS in the past too, I've reduced the collection to 6 acoustics, 5 electrics and 3 basses. but there are always amps, pedals and other tone shapers that still regularly tempt me.