Aaaaw man! I'm feelin' GAS-y again...

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I see Dumpy just signed on in August of 2020.
He doesn't know about Dan yet....

:toothy10:
I have actually been lurking a long time before I joined. I know that we’re somewhat kindred spirits in that I have bought, sold and traded as much (if not more) goalie gear and guitars as Dan has drums.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got back from my local drumshop and tried a 135th anniversary Broadkaster mahoganny snare. Sorry the pics are from some other store's website, I had too much fun playing and didn't even think about whipping out the cell to snap pics. That is the danger of stting foot in a shop instead of ordering off a site. There are always shinny new toys to lure you into wringing the old wallet.

Anyhooo, it sounds awesome. I'm affraid I might just by-pass the voice of reason and find excuses to get back there in the very near future.
Beautiful drum man.
I hope you get it.
Your story reminds me of something that happened to me at a GC once.
I was in the drum room and it was pretty empty that day, so I walked around a few kits, wandered into the cymbal room, then wandered back out and sat down at a kit.
I was determined to be "cool" and not immediately ask for a pair of sticks (or magically whip out my own) and start bashing away.
I tapped on some drums with my finger and tapped the bass drum pedal a couple of times, when the tech on duty set a pair of worn out drumsticks next to me, as he walked by.
I just looked up and said, "Thanks, Sugar". :-D

Elvis

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful drum man.
I hope you get it.
Your story reminds me of something that happened to me at a GC once.
I was in the drum room and it was pretty empty that day, so I walked around a few kits, wandered into the cymbal room, then wandered back out and sat down at a kit.
I was determined to be "cool" and not immediately ask for a pair of sticks (or magically whip out my own) and start bashing away.
I tapped on some drums with my finger and tapped the bass drum pedal a couple of times, when the tech on duty set a pair of worn out drumsticks next to me, as he walked by.
I just looked up and said, "Thanks, Sugar". :-D

Elvis
A few posts down: I brought it back home yesterday... :cool: