? about recent forum changes, concerning email alerts

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Whenever I subscribe to a thread, I currently receive an email alert every single time a person posts there.
With all the recent changes to this site, will the repetitiveness of these notifications change also?

Elvis

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
whether you want to be notifed by email,by notifications,by both, or not at all can be changed in your notifications settings in your profile settings.

mike

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
But I can't chage the frequency of notifications (i.e., email alerts to thread postings that occur after yours).
This is what I'm asking about.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
what is the frequency now and what do you want it to be? i followed a topic the last couple of weeks and it notified me here on the forum each time someone posted in the topic.

mike

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Every single time someone posts a response in a thread I'm watching, I get an email.
If the thread is really popular, I might end up with a page or two of emails that are nothing but single responses to the same post.
Granted, I could just weed through the repeater emails until I end up with the oldest one, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that.
WHAT I WOULD LIKE is to have is, regardless of how many responses come after your newest response, you only get the one email notifiying you (me) that there are new reponses in that thread.
It just makes the whole process less tedious.

Elvis

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
the system is not setup to do that as far as i can tell.

mike

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...and so I've been told by the webmaster in the past, and thus my original question in this thread.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes at this point that can't be done, but who know in the future, Ben

Latest posts