ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Called Bum Wrap FOUR TIMES. Answering machine every time. Tried to go ahead and purchase some wrap at their website. Get to the end, ERROR WITH PAYPAL. I've literally never had a Paypal error that I can remember. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON DOWN THERE? I've had a long day already, just wanted to get my purchase done.

I'm so pissed off.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Murray called me back finally, and I bought 2 pieces of wrap. So, ALL GOOD NOW.

It was seriously frustrating though. He said Jan/Feb are their busiest months.

I'm having a crap day. Took it out on Bum. :banghead:

They need to check their phones a bit closer though.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I had emailed him specific error info when I tried paying via Paypal. He emailed me back few hours after saying he'd look into it. I gave up.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Called Bum Wrap FOUR TIMES. Answering machine every time. Tried to go ahead and purchase some wrap at their website. Get to the end, ERROR WITH PAYPAL. I've literally never had a Paypal error that I can remember. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON DOWN THERE? I've had a long day already, just wanted to get my purchase done.

I'm so pissed off.
This is the same problem I had just recently. Just wanted to order 2 wrap samples and had nothing but issues with PayPal! I actually got an email the next day from BumWrap, noting that I had tried to order samples. Explained the issue and they are sending out the samples free of charge. Still, that doesn't explain what's going on with their ordering process. I've never had any kind of checkout issue with any of the sites that I do business with. I hope they get it resolved, as I will be placing an order once I see the two samples.

Oh, and there are two different PayPal options that make no sense to me. Anyone know what that's all about?

-Mark

towndog

Reaction score
I rewrapped a 6 piece kit last year with wrap from Bumwrap.
They did not provide the best communication and it took several weeks to get the wrap but I was very pleased with the quality of the wrap and it was very easy to work with..

I would not hesitate to order from them again.

mlucas123

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some grommets from them. Answered emails quickly enough for my tastes.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had to call 6 times total, and luckily, I actually had Murray's cell # from last year when I was considering a purchase. He said vaguely the same thing about ordering online. Said "a guy" had problems a few months back similar to mine. Seems like more than a guy. But I got the order in. So I'm not too worried. I just feel like if you're running a business, it's Monday, someone has called a handful of times, why not see what the heck they want!

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I tried to get wrap from Bum Wrap once. They got my order wrong three different times. Horrible communication and no attention to detail. I ended up going with Walopus instead. They were a bit more expensive, but they got my order right the first time, had great customer service, and a superior product.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I tried to get wrap from Bum Wrap once. They got my order wrong three different times. Horrible communication and no attention to detail. I ended up going with Walopus instead. They were a bit more expensive, but they got my order right the first time, had great customer service, and a superior product.
Yes, I was trying to save some money. I hope it doesn't backfire. I'm used to Amazon shipping, this'll be stressful. He said the wrap will ship Friday. Going to try and be patient.

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
Speaking of Drum Wrap
Do you guys have any idea where I can get some Blue Agate inlay for my Slingerland bass drum hoops

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Friends and Family vs. Goods and Services.
FF = no fees but same as sending cash
GS = small fee but includes buyer/seller protection
Hi Rob!

I'm very familiar with those options you mentioned. I was referring to the actual checkout page at Bumwrap. Attached is a picture I just took. There are three PayPal options. They are "PayPal checkout", "PayPal Credit" and "PayPal". The "Credit" option is self explanatory. But why two different "PayPal" options? I chose the "PayPal" link and from then on it was a nightmare, so I just gave up. That's when Bumwrap contacted me and offered to send me the samples at no charge. They just arrived yesterday!

Still, I'm hesitant to order again due to this glitch.

-Mark

Attachments

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Rob!

I'm very familiar with those options you mentioned. I was referring to the actual checkout page at Bumwrap. Attached is a picture I just took. There are three PayPal options. They are "PayPal checkout", "PayPal Credit" and "PayPal". The "Credit" option is self explanatory. But why two different "PayPal" options? I chose the "PayPal" link and from then on it was a nightmare, so I just gave up. That's when Bumwrap contacted me and offered to send me the samples at no charge. They just arrived yesterday!

Still, I'm hesitant to order again due to this glitch.

-Mark
Also, their price list page has not been updated since 2018. So, I would assume the website REALLY needs some updating and work. Murray was saying "are you using windows or mac, etc blah". . .shouldn't matter that much. They just need some more help apparently.

I would email and call them relentlessly. If you can't find the wrap you want elsewhere. It is definitely cheaper at Bum by a bit.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, I was trying to save some money. I hope it doesn't backfire. I'm used to Amazon shipping, this'll be stressful. He said the wrap will ship Friday. Going to try and be patient.
I was also trying to save some money. I ended up regretting it. It took several emails and phone calls and three shipments just to fill one order correctly. Hopefully you will have better luck.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was also trying to save some money. I ended up regretting it. It took several emails and phone calls and three shipments just to fill one order correctly. Hopefully you will have better luck.
Thanks Rob. Well, I actually called him this morning and changed my order. He texted back in less than an hour. So, I'm in his head at least. I'm not too worried at this point. 2 weeks from now, if I've not received my wrap, I'll be $h!ttee.

Sorry your interaction sucked. :banghead:

Latest posts